Best GPS Tracker?

Anyone know of a GPS tracker that does NOT use AT&T? Because it has the worst cell coverage in this rural area. Verizon and U.S. Cellular have good backwoods coverage with their CDMA cell systems. Nobody has good GSM cell service here outside of town. CDMA does not use SIM cards.
I know it's only partially relevant, but I have Whistle (Tagg) pet trackers for my dogs, and they use verizon for coverage.
These whistle trackers actually wouldn't be bad for a drone. Small and light, verizon 3g, and $10/month. In fact I can see the collar quick detach working well for quick attach to a drone. Waterproof too...

I have a Spot trace 100% gps. Cost 119.00 for the device and 99.00 per year contract. It sends it location every 5 minutes to a gps sat witch sends your position to a comm sat then to your cell or internet. The spot does not need cell service and will track all north america and in many other countries. I just made a long trip in my car, had the device fall upside down in the back under a blanket and it still tracked my trip. 185 grams is considerable and I use it on my P4 when I feel the need. I modified a trakimo holder to mount on my bird, so far so good. I plan to use it on my snowmobiles next winter so my kids will know where I am, I live in northern Ontario and cell service is not all ways available.

it isn't gps but I have the marco polo works great and no monthly fees.

marco polo you pay a little more but no monthly service charges. And it works great !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl