best gain setup for v3.0

Reaction score
Hi all... still struggling to come out from the "wondering yaw" disease of my P2V+ V3,
I really can's stand such a drift away....

The assistant software suggests the same default gain value as the V2, but the V3 has different motors and propellers, i suppose gain settings should also be different, isn't it?

Please some V3 owner who feels comfortable with his bird, can you tell what gain setup are you using? it's my last resort. nothing else left to try... thanks

Today is your day cause I have some info that will help you.

I also now have a V3 by way of upgrading my own quad myself. These motor as you know are different then the stock motors. They do not have the same requirements as the stock motors, and the ESC's will work differently with them over the stock motors. So....our best option is to go with the default settings. (Although, I do feel like if anything I would like to try increasing the 260 Vertical Gain adjustment some. The more that setting gets increased, the more sensitive the rest of the gain settings are to respond. Generally making the Yaw Too Fast.) Other then the mentioned test, I will leave my setup with default.

Now, if you are having a wondering quad while hovering, it is the compass that needs calibrated. The closer you get to "0" MPH seen on the telemetry, the better. Each and every time you do a calibration, you need to reboot everything! Even your monitor (cellpphone or tablet). If you go through the process and come up with higher then usual low telemetry read out, do the calibration again, and again if you have to. The point is you can't over do it... Let us know how it goes....

thanks for this helpful info, anyway I don't have a womdering problem while hovering, I have a wondering problem while yawing.. or better, after a yaw, the bird starts to move along a straight (not curva or circular) line.. after 7-8 meters it stops and slowly goes back to the place it was before...

Do you still think I have a compass calibration problem ?

la_panza said:
Hi all... still struggling to come out from the "wondering yaw" disease of my P2V+ V3,

The assistant software suggests the same default gain value as the V2, but the V3 has different motors and propellers, i suppose gain settings should also be different, isn't it?

Please some V3 owner who feels comfortable with his bird, can you tell what gain setup are you using? it's my last resort. nothing else left to try... thanks
Yawing charateristics have nothing to do with typ of motors, kind of props, gian etc. Balanced yaw depends on a balancef operation of the 4 identical motors and identical 4 props together with a properly callibrated controller. So that is where you would look at.
Regards FA

aartsf said:
la_panza said:

Yawing charateristics have nothing with typy of motors, kind of props, gian etc. Balanced yaw depends on a balancef operation of the 4 identical motors and identical 4 props together with a properly callibrated controller. So that is where you would look at.
Regards FA

Hello, my Phantom is purely stock.. and props too .. no mods at all, I've been tweaking with gains so far just because I can't think of anything else to tweak to work it out..
In any case I've experienced gain variation seem to have almost no effect...

One important thing that may help for an explanation.. please try to understand carefully the following and forgive for my poor English:

1: Drifting seem to happen more likely After a rotation than During a rotation..

2: Direction of drifting, sometimes looks like moving straight (where the phantom points to), sometimes it glides on its side...

3: If i Listen to the "tune" generated by each motor, I notice that at least one of the 4 motors increases its RPM AFTER the yaw is finished and it generates a higher frequency hum for the whole time of drifting, then it returns to generate approximately the same tune (musically speaking) when the wondering calms down..

4: VERY IMPORTANT, worthy for a deeper discussion: if during the drifting I try to "brake" by pushing it the opposite direction with the right stick, it seems to obey, I can obtain the drone to stop moving for a while, but as I release the stick, the drifting starts again, as if it had to continue something programmed , as if there was a precise software intention to do so !!!!!

I hope this description is clear anough, my poor English mastering can't do more than this :)

Adolfo

Hay Adolfo,
Firstly, your English is as good as mine or even better :).
Secondly, on the topic at hand, now we are talking. Your description of the problem revielles in my view that your problem problably is related to that one motor with the stranges noises. One motor that is somewhat off could explain an (otherwise) unexplaind drifting tendency. Reason enough I would think to investigate the motors further. When you shut down the bird, comes one of the motors earlier (or later) to a complete stand-still? Has one of the motors maybe debris inside it? ( I saw a threat on this forum of a guy who had ghat with a relative new bird.) Are all the ECS's firmly connected to the motor and vontrollerunit? Etc.
Regards FA.

Mmmmh.. I fear you're getting me wrong, maybe I was not clear enough..

No motor is generating "strange noises",what I mean is that for all the time the undesired drift lasts, one or two motors are driver to turn faster, this can clearly be heard because the pitch of the tone they emit steps higher, I express myself this way because I'm used to play music and It comes natural to me to estimate a speed change in a motor by hearing the frequency it emits...

Normally instead, when the drone is hovering and no action on stick is done, it is quite still, even in ATTI it does not try to run away, and the four motors are nicely "singing the same song".. :)

Motors offer the same resistance and seem to be free of dirt and debris, if i try to turn them by hand while the bird is off.. when motors stop, differences in the time they require to stop completely are in the order of 1/10 of a second or two..

The strangest thing, I repeat, is the fact that if I try to prevent it from wondering after a yaw, it does stop wondering, but as I release the sticks it °remembers° the wondering and wants to keep doing it! It is not an inertial movement, it's a precise order it seem to receive from the flight controller, or who knows what... :-(

As you have the feeling the flight controller seems to mislead the bird, an advanced IMU callibration is the last possibilty for a solution I can think.

Here is mine. I hope this helps. They were reset at Store yesterday.

Attachments

• Gains.JPG
    Gains.JPG
    993.5 KB · Views: 607
erikgraham said:
Do you get the drift after a yaw when you are NOT in GPS mode?

can't say for sure, I'll have to wait until saturday to make this test, during the week i leave home and come back home when it's dark and I don't feel like flying if there is no daylight... thanks, I'll let you know...

la_panza said:
Larry L said:
Here is mine. I hope this helps. They were reset at Store yesterday.

thanks, this seems to be my assistant's default values too!

Well there ya go. You should be using v3.6 assistant. And the Gain settings should be the same as Larry L posted for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl