Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Best Futaba RC for Phantom 2 H3-2D?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shaunmed, Mar 12, 2014.

1. shaunmed

I am a new convert to DJI and although I love the Phantom 2, I dont much care for the DJI RC, particularly how the throttle is positioned in the center. I am used to Spektrum throttle. So I think it's time for me to buy an aftermarket RC and Futaba seems to be the RC where I dont have to change the receiver on the Phantom 2.

Any suggestions as to which one is sufficient to use with the Phantom 2 H3-2D?

Thanks.

2. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

3. laselvasurf

The Futaba 8FG Super is the best for the $$$... The 14SG is better, though for a stock phantom 2 with Zenmuse, you wouldn't be able to utilize any of the features you pay for on the 14.

4. lgeist

I've spent the last few weeks trying to decide between the 8FG and the 14SG. I finally bit the bullet and ordered the 14SG last night. My thinking is that I have a P2 now, a F550 on order and hope to one day go even bigger (S-800 maybe?) so I decided to get something to cover all my bases for now and in the future. I'm just hoping that the programming task won't be too daunting ;-)

5. shaunmed

does the throttle on the Futaba go to the down position or is it a "return to center" stick?