Best FREE video editor

Reaction score
A lot of the questions was about the best video editors, many thread, answers and other, but what do you think wich one is the best FREE video editor that we can download? (If I didn't mention for FREE of course :p )

Reactions: Phantom 3 Pilot
I use windows movie maker its simple clean and unless if you want lots of special effects does the job.

Davinci Resolve. it is extremely complex though, and would not recommend for a first time video editor. I started on Lightworks, this too is harder and had to watch many videos on how to perform certain tasks.

I tried VLC first but it had problems rendering large files on my laptop. My laptop although relatively new was not a high end platform. I switched to windows movie maker and was much easier to work with large files as it splices the media into a number if clips upon import making easy to work with the video.

filmora video editor the best option for beginners and its full of nice effects and super easy to use,

The GoPro software. Free, easy and does the job.

Reactions: rhoffart
I tried the GoPro software using a SJ4000 (knockoff brand) and the software told me that it was exclusively for gopro video files only... With everyone suggesting GoPro, do you just put the raw mp4 or MOV file into the software for editing?

I put the mov files in the Go Pro software.

I use Cyberlink as a best video editing software. You may want to explore different benefits. It will help you a lot in every kind of editing styles you want.

I tried windows movie maker but couldn't get my edits in 1080p/60fps, any tips? (sorry for the thread hack)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers