Best free editing software

On a better note CyberDirector 13 Deluxe is on sale right now for $69.99. Good deal? Good software?

I have a windows PC and iPhone 5. Will this work on my iPhone 5?
On my iPhone 6 plus, I am able to edit all my 1080p videos smoothly without problems. I do not know if Iphone 5 would be able to edit the movies without any lag but you can try. I have not shot in 4K yet as I'm still waiting for my new house which I will then get an iMac 5K and Final Cut Pro to edit my videos.

For now, iMovie on iPhone 6 plus for 1080p videos work fantastic.

Yes that is the software. I didn't click any links so I don't know what was a torrent but davinci resolve is free from the company. No BitTorrent needed. I also use power director and like it a lot too. In fact I've been using it for years with great results but it doesn't come close to resolve for color grading which is almost always needed for aerial footage. So I've stopped using it in favor of resolve so that I don't have to jump back and forth.

However, power director isn't free and the OP asked about free software. Davinci resolve isn't like the other virus-laden freeware junk out there. This is a professional level application that can be bought with specific hardware for tens of thousands of dollars... Or used on a single cpu for free! Again, this software has NO business being free! Get it!

On PC, if you want power and you want free, it's the GIMP all the way (Google it). Otherwise I have to give a shout out to Photoshop Elements. People tend to forget the Elements line from Adobe but it has a lot of power for the price.

For video editing, you have so many options. The GoPro software will work with your Phantom 3 videos. It's basic and free. For more advanced stuff, I highly recommend either Premiere Elements or Sony Vegas Movie Studio for Windows. Both are around $65-$69 on Amazon and can't be beat. If you learn either, you'll be able to step up to their respective Pro version later should you want to. It's not expensive and is money well spent IMHO.

Try Corel Video Studio, when I got it, it was a free trial period I then purchased I think for under $100.00. It is more complex than the Go Pro editor. It has sound, music or sound effects, or you can use your own music in the videos, also has the capability to do voice overlay in the video, adding text and fonts. What I like is the output options! Web,dvd, cd etc... Also you can output in HD, if you try it, it will take a little time to get use to it, but well worth it.

Another vote for davinci resolve 12. This is by FAR the best editing software for the price. This is a $10,000 professional color grading program with a more than capable editor thrown in for free. This software has absolutely no business being free but I'm glad it is!
I completely agree! At a price that is truly F-R-E-E , you cant go wrong. It is absolutely FANTASTIC in making humdrum look like pro stock -- the color grading is simply outstanding, and you can correct one thing (sky for example) without messing up other subject matter. It is magical. BUT (you KNEW that was coming, right?) the learning curve, to me, is incredibly steep. "Easy" is the last word I would use. In fairness, once you know how things work, I can see this may be extremely FAST and EFFICIENT. I just downloaded it and watched a few youtube tutorials to at least try some things, but ****! not what I would call intuitive to start. It is no doubt the best out there, but be prepared to spend some time figuring this out.

Reactions: ELHEAPO and Viral
I ended up buying photoshop elements 13 and power director 13. had way to many issues with the free ones.

****.... brianb87 :D Davinci Resolve is a professional software. The fact that its free means nothing its a Blackmagic way they create an excellent cameras and studio equipment and they keep their software free to support this.

But - if you are unable to install it and you say you are bad with computers then I can only see two ways for ya: You either spend alot of time learning or dont try to edit videos cause its not an easy thing - especially with davinci resolve... Its a good one but not an easy to learn one and it requires a powerfull workstation too (even for FullHD footage). :)

****.... brianb87 :D Davinci Resolve is a professional software. The fact that its free means nothing its a Blackmagic way they create an excellent cameras and studio equipment and they keep their software free to support this.

But - if you are unable to install it and you say you are bad with computers then I can only see two ways for ya: You either spend alot of time learning or dont try to edit videos cause its not an easy thing - especially with davinci resolve... Its a good one but not an easy to learn one and it requires a powerfull workstation too (even for FullHD footage). :)

I had issues non stop issues with free programs in general. If your going to spend $1500 on a phantom whats $140 for two editing programs. Not knocking Davinci but ive had better luck with the programs I bought.

I use Apple iMovie for now as my computer can't support video editing.
It's not free but it costs about 5 bucks in the App Store I think.

I edit my clips on my iPhone 6 plus. This is one of my works using iMovie...

Fantastic....

Reactions: Mr.Spock and jryser
I use Apple iMovie for now as my computer can't support video editing.
It's not free but it costs about 5 bucks in the App Store I think.

I edit my clips on my iPhone 6 plus. This is one of my works using iMovie...

What do you use to get the video to your iPhone ?

Pinnacle Studio 19 is good too, from $60 to $130. The $130 bundle edits 4K. 1080 editing works pretty good on my i5 windows machine, I don't edit 4K.

there is no good free stuff on this planet
FOSS. Free Open Source Software.
KDen live. Cinellera. Video editors superb without any charges to the user.

Plenty of! But not always an integrated solution or relevant to the area of need - for example, P3 controls.

there is no good free stuff on this planet
I hear Ya, Man, BUT Davinci Resolve 12 really will blow your sox off. It is basically 1000 dollar software with no tricks, no catches, no ads, no stupid *** bloatware, nor any kind of check-up-on-you-ware. While it does require some computing muscle, it offers so much more flexibility than anything I have used or seen. Again, I despise supposedly FREE software, but this really is different form anything out there. I think @trigon nailed it - Blackmagic just wants you to benefit from their cameras - and they don't even advertise that - or anything else - in their free software. Go figure.

I went from iMovie (terrific) to Premiere Elements 13 (LOVE the color controls) to an expensive package which was no better, then to Davinci Resolve 12 (OMG!).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik