Best free editing Software for Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to the DJI approx 2 weeks into flying and enjoying every moment with my Phantom 4, Had an issue with my camera as it kept distorting, but by reading the forums it helped and its just interference from building and towers and the footage is 100%.

My problem is now that i have downloaded the footage my computers playback lags terribly is there any free editing software i could use, to overcome this issue?

Or

Should I reset my camera settings if so what will be the best settings?
I have a Dell Vostro Laptop I5 with windows 10.

Thanks In adavance

Hi!

I suppose, the problem lies in the big data stream of 4K video. Usually, the slowest part of computer is the hard drive - the conventional ones can't give more than 50-65 MBps (depends on free space/fragmentation, too).
Of course, there are other components in computer (like CPU, RAM, etc), but, since You have i5 , that should not be a problem until You have any decent amount of RAM (4GB is bare minimum, 8GB is fair).
So, if the problem is with HDD, You have two options - replace/add an SSD drive (I don't know much about the Win computers - Im a Mac guy), or edit in proxy and then render in full res.
For decent free editing, I would try BlackMagic's DaVinci Resolve. OK, the free version is a bit limited, but, neverthless, I don't know any similar, pro-grade software, for free.
I myself use FinalCut Pro X, but that's for Mac only, and not for free. I have the Adobe's stuff, too, but on my slow computer FCPX runs far quckier, than Premiere.
So, my 2 cents: Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 14 , plus Solid State Drive and min. 8GB of RAM.

Hi Mix_

Thank you so much for the advise, the playback from P4 works great on tablet and phone but still abit distorted as though it's struggling to keep up. But not as good as what it actually records, I have yet to experience that. I actually thought it was the camera and wanted to return the drone. (Such an Amateur I am)

My laptop has a maximum of 4gb memory with a 500gb HD lol it's abit outdated by today's standards.

Had it since 2010‍♂️.

As I am a new phantom pilot I'm sure with time I will be able to get it right.

Once again thank you ✌From South Africa.

Reactions: Mix_

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik