Best FPV Goggles for Phantom 4?

Reaction score
I want to surprise my husband with FPV goggles for his Phantom 4. I was planning on the Fat Shark Dominator V3 but with the high price tag and list of extras that I'd have to buy just so he could use the **** thing, it's not my top choice. I'm okay with spending the money (up to $500 but preferably less) but I want to make sure that I'm getting the best bang for the buck.

Are there better options out there that will work for the Phantom 4?

Headplay HeadPlay HD FPV Headset w/ 40ch 5.8GHz Receiver

Perhaps the Headplay headset. It looks dorky , but it gives a very immersive FPV experience. One screen inside the headset instead of breaking the image into two separate images for the left and right eyes.

Goggles look more stylish, but let in unwanted light that can be distracting. Although goggles can be pulled down or looked past to give Line of Sight of the drone. Thats an FAA consideration.

Perhaps the Headplay headset. It looks dorky , but it gives a very immersive FPV experience. One screen inside the headset instead of breaking the image into two separate images for the left and right eyes.

Goggles look more stylish, but let in unwanted light that can be distracting. Although goggles can be pulled down or looked past to give Line of Sight of the drone. Thats an FAA consideration.

Not sure he'd be into that style. I'm not even sure if he'd like the look of the white/blue Fat Shark but he would definitely prefer the lower profile.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Not sure he'd be into that style. I'm not even sure if he'd like the look of the white/blue Fat Shark but he would definitely prefer the lower profile.

Thanks for the suggestion!

It definately not for everyone! I am a function over form kinda person. I dont need to look like James Bond flying my Phantom as what I care about is the true First Person Video experience so that I can frame still frames and video. Outside light is a HUGE distraction.

BDOG, have you ever used Fat Shark Dominator's? I know a lot of people love them, but I'm wondering how they compare to Headplay's.

Another possibility. You can use these with just about anything.
Avegant Glyph | Home

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Very interesting. Thanks for the link.. Doesn't quite look like they're out of beta (check the forums, lots of teething pains). For $700 I'm going to expect a bit better. But something to keep your eyes on.

What all needs to be done to use these? Plug and play or just turn on and use, I would like something simple, $3-400 ok but not complicated

Very interesting. Thanks for the link.. Doesn't quite look like they're out of beta (check the forums, lots of teething pains). For $700 I'm going to expect a bit better. But something to keep your eyes on.
They are out of beta. I just got a pair. They update when you set them up. They are amazing since you can look out under them when they're on and see around you. The audio is great for headphone use. The big downside is their weight. They are a bit heavy but once you get all your adjustmends done and the head strap on they're not bad. He is not going to spend hours on end flying with any goggle due to battery charging etc. I went from Fat Shark Dominators to these. The Fat Sharks are also great but they do completely isolate you so you need an observer with you when flying to be compliant.

Reactions: Beverly W
What did u do to start using them, do u have to do mods to anything or just plug into controller or wireless to drone? I have less than any idea of What would have to be done

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1