Best Firmware

Reaction score
Hi all, im just curious to know what firmware people are using on there P3A? im running the newest but I would say its not been the best release. my bird drifts about way more than older firmware. controls are laggy also. I remember when I first got it sometime mid last year it was perfect. any way I can get back to that? would like to know peoples thoughts on this. Thanks

I'm liking the latest FW 1.10 on my P3A the benefits are the softer/smoother not "laggy" controls as its s flying camera not a racing drone,
smile.gif
and the video and distance are both great - !! - so no complaints here :) I have seen 4.2km !! - You can downgrade even the latest version if you want to go back a version. ;)

I'm talking the drone, is downgradeable

The drone does'nt run on iOS :) - and is downgradable to 1.9.6 from 1.10 when using the "DEBUG" file method :)

AFAIK, the final FW update 1.10.xx is not downgradable on iOS.
The fact that you have iOS has nothing to do with it. You CAN downgrade 1.10 by simply putting the 1.9 firmware file and a blank file called a debug file onto the sd card. There is a forum thread here in this section detailing it.

Hi all. how do I get firmware to a micro sd card .for a p3a.thanks pete
You have to have the correct firmware file. It will always start with p3s and end with .bin

Copy that file to an empty sd card. Make sure you read the instructions found in this forum first. If you don't understand how to copy files to an SD card, I HIGHLY recommend you DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS. That being said, if you are ok with computers and following directions, it's not that difficult.

The fact that you have iOS has nothing to do with it. You CAN downgrade 1.10 by simply putting the 1.9 firmware file and a blank file called a debug file onto the sd card. There is a forum thread here in this section detailing it.
I believe airbender and those others on his thread have undertaken the downgrade on Andriod only, have they not? I can't see anyone has attempted it on iOS. I don't have a single issue on all the latest FW / App...

Hmm maybe just need to calibrate IMU, gimbal. I also calibrate compass everytime I fly. is that recommended?

Hmm maybe just need to calibrate IMU, gimbal. I also calibrate compass everytime I fly. is that recommended?
No. You don't need to calibrate the compass on every flight. I haven't calibrated mine for 7 months and I've flown all over the UK, Ireland, Italy and southern Portugal. And if you've never calibrated the IMU, yes you need to do that but again, I did mine in June last year and not since...

AFAIK, FW 1.10.90 is not downgradable/rollbackable/replacable/overwritable (as yet on iOS) as noted here...
New firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been released.
Note that the AC itself doesn't care about what's attached to the RC. The iOS questions are in regards to the RC FW, which there are minimum and maximum FW levels depending on which FW level is installed on the AC.

Hmm, interesting... Using airbender method?
I have to say this amused me, it's almost like I coined a phrase. ;)

I can't take credit for the method to do it, I just collected the info and put it in one place. :)

Note that the AC itself doesn't care about what's attached to the RC. The iOS questions are in regards to the RC FW, which there are minimum and maximum FW levels depending on which FW level is installed on the AC.

I have to say this amused me, it's almost like I coined a phrase. ;)

I can't take credit for the method to do it, I just collected the info and put it in one place. :)

Ahhhh! Cheers. I now understand it doesn't matter what app version you use, thanks. So for those iOS users, could you confirm the method you've collected (thank you :grinning:) will work? Any idea what RC FW versions are compatible with the AC FW and how far back you can go? Unless my currently stable kit, on all the latest FWs, goes pants, I won't be moving. Just thinking about other users? (This is when you point out you've done it...!) :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl