Best Firmware for P3A

I've been looking on lots of forums but I can't find the answer anywhere. A lot of people say the latest fw has screwed up their range or whatever. My P3A is arriving on Monday, and I don't know what fw to update it to for it to be the most reliable. Do you recommend the latest fw, or a difference one, and if you recommend a different fw, which one??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I have been flying my Phantom 3 Advance for some time now without upgrading . Never had any trouble at all although I try to avoid flying over water. My advice is dont upgrade from whatever you have got. If it ain,t broke don,t fix it.

We only need to calibrate the compass just once in the beginning, and NOT every time we want to fly the Phantom right?
This question is often debated, so you will need to make up your own mind based on your personal comfort level. As for me, since I know I have a good compass calibration already I don't do a new one every time I go out to fly in my general area.

You can read this post for much more information than you get in the manual:
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

Got my P3A a couple days ago. Looks like I have 1.9.60. Does that sound right, or am I looking in the wrong place lol

Anyway, only did one flight so far and I'm very happy. Went over a mile flying over the east river in NYC. Much better than my standard.

Tony

Hi,
I've read numerous posts about having range shortened with new firmware and I've also seen some ridiculous ranges that some also have. My question is with a battery that only lasts about 20 minutes and mainly depending on wind speed/direction, how could anyone one fly to the maximum range they have and expect to be able to bring it home unless everything was perfect and even then it's probably "ify". I guess my other question is "why" would anyone push it to the limit and a chance of losing/crashing it?? As someone with an actual pilots licence, I know the critical calculating regarding fuel on board and taking into consideration wind, etc. and what is safe or not. Just my .02 cents. ;o)

Nevermind my question about my fw version. Just read another post about it.
It seemed to work fine but I've only flown it once. Sure hope they didn't fubber my range since that's was the reason i upgraded from my P3S

Hi,
I've read numerous posts about having range shortened with new firmware and I've also seen some ridiculous ranges that some also have. My question is with a battery that only lasts about 20 minutes and mainly depending on wind speed/direction, how could anyone one fly to the maximum range they have and expect to be able to bring it home unless everything was perfect and even then it's probably "ify". I guess my other question is "why" would anyone push it to the limit and a chance of losing/crashing it?? As someone with an actual pilots licence, I know the critical calculating regarding fuel on board and taking into consideration wind, etc. and what is safe or not. Just my .02 cents. ;o)
Range is like horsepower, and I'm a gearhead

With my P3S, the farthest I've gone was one mine. Well within battery capacity.
I've also wondered about battery life taking it out 3 miles or so. Honestly I can't wait to answer that question myself lol

Just calibrated my P3A and did a auto launch, hover a bit and auto home just to see if the bird responds to the control. I thought i'd read that the version on the bird and controll suppose to match. Is this a good firrmware? I hope i don't have the battery bug version or any sort. Thanks.

App.........(2.8.2)
Version....(1.5.30+)
Remote....(1.5.70)

Also when i launch DJI Go app and press the box button on top right corner, i get this:

Equipment: P3 Professional (is this normal eventhough i have the Advance model?)
Firmware v: 1.1.5
Downgrade firmware to: 1.5.80

Last edited:
Just calibrated my P3A and did a auto launch, hover a bit and auto home just to see if the bird responds to the control. I thought i'd read that the version on the bird and controll suppose to match. Is this a good firrmware? I hope i don't have the battery bug version or any sort. Thanks.

App.........(2.8.2)
Version....(1.5.30+)
Remote....(1.5.70)

Also when i launch DJI Go app and press the box button on top right corner, i get this:

Equipment: P3 Professional (is this normal eventhough i have the Advance model?)
Firmware v: 1.1.5
Downgrade firmware to: 1.5.80

I believe 1.5.30+ is the version where sometimes the battery shuts off mid-flight.

I believe 1.5.30+ is the version where sometimes the battery shuts off mid-flight.

I thought it was version 1.5.0030?
1.5.30+ and 1.5.0030 isn't the same right? Anyways, what version did you finally stayed with?

I thought it was version 1.5.0030?
1.5.30+ and 1.5.0030 isn't the same right? Anyways, what version did you finally stayed with?

Hmm. I'm not sure, you may be right. I started with ac on 1.8 and rc on 1.6 and it flys great for me.

Hmm. I'm not sure, you may be right. I started with ac on 1.8 and rc on 1.6 and it flys great for me.

Ok. I'm gotta stick & test with what i'd got for now. Then i might move to 1.6 since many people liked that version. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl