BEST FILTER FOR PHANTOM 3 PRO

Reaction score
I have the Phantom 4, but it takes the same filters as the Phantom 3.
I know there are lots of other threads on filters, but since there are new filters coming out daily, I wanted to get some opinions on them. There are several adjustable filters on Amazon and that tells me they must be Circular filters. I am thinking maybe a ND-16, but maybe that would be just a little too dark. Maybe a ND-8. I am on the 47Th Parallel and the sun is pretty low here except the hot 3 months of summer. I would like 1 filter instead of constantly changing it. Opinions, please tell me your experiences with filters and what works for you. Maybe some sample photos.
Here are some choices I found on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...tom+3+filter&sprefix=phantom+3+filter,aps,206

I use polar pro. never had any issues. I film the ocean, it works well. honestly you probably need to use more than 1 filter depending on how much light there is.

I could get by with just a ND8 or ND8+CPL combined. However ND 16 or ND16+CPL combined is better.

I'm in Canada and with sun and snow the ND8 was marginal, other times it was so so.

Likely a ND8/CPL combo and /or a ND16/CPL combo would do ya.
If you contact Polar Pro they will sell singles, I can't remember the guys name at the moment however.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20