Best (cheap) tablet for the p3s

Reaction score
So after having my p3s for a couple of months, I've decided that I'd like to get a tablet solely for the purpose of using it with my drone. However, I'm not really wanting to go pay a couple hundred dollars for it. Any suggestions for the best (relatively cheap) tablet to use with the p3s?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are many relatively cheap tablets in this list.

I just bought a Galaxy Tab 4 last week for $90 on Craigslist. Works pretty well for what I use it for (litchi and DJIGo only). I bought an android one simply because I had already bought the Litchi app on my S7.

I have a Nexus 7 (2013) for my P3S, got it on Amazon for $150.

I picked up a 8 inch Galaxy Tab A from BJs (same place I purchased Swarm). Seems to work mostly well, last night I noticed some hitching in the video feed at times.

Reactions: Savage00
I get great service on my with the Amazon Fire 6HD (69.99). You have to "side-load" DJI Go (look to YouTube), but it works great, and does fairly well in sunlight.

I get great service on my with the Amazon Fire 6HD (69.99). You have to "side-load" DJI Go (look to YouTube), but it works great, and does fairly well in sunlight.

Interesting. My lady has a fire, maybe I will do some testing with that.

I am anxiously awaiting my Phantom and I also was thinking about picking up a tablet to use exclusively with it. My wife has an iPad Mini 2 that I will try out when the Phantom gets here and I have a Galaxy Note 5, so I will be able to try out android and iOS. I plan on purchasing Litchi at some point and want to settle on a tablet before I drop that money.

I did the same after using my LG V10 cell phone, which worked perfectly and had great video, but was too small. When using an old Galaxy Tab2 the processor was so slow that the video latency was terrible and choppy. I bought a Galaxy Tab Pro, both the 10 and 8 inch (Octa and Quad core units, speed wise competes with or beats iPads). While they were much faster, they only worked ok... the video still wasn't as good as my fast LG V10. I found the 10 inch screen to be obnoxiously big and awkward, and went with the 8 inch. What made the Pro tablets video as good as my cell phones, was after I rooted them and got rid of all of Samsung's bloatware. THAT was slowing the tablets down so bad it was pathetic. Now the video has no lag and is crystal clear and fluid!! Plus they have built in GPS, which is why I didn't want to use an iPad.

The video hiccups aren't from tablet, video feed is wifi'd from bird to controller then from controller to tablet

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I thought when I saw this on my iPad 2 mini.
I thought it was the app/drone that was not giving good enough signals since video was choppy, especially with Litchi.
But then I swapped the iPad 2 with a newer iPad (air) and suddenly everything was crystal clear and smooth.
So the conclusion for me is that iPad 2 mini is just strong enough for DJI GO but just not enough for Litchi.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I need a tablet that will work well for less than 140 Canadian. Wouldn't one of those Chinese brands for around 60 bucks work? same specs.

traded several old iphones at gamestop and picked a used ipad 3mini for 50

I got my Nextbook 8" tablet at Walmart for less than $80. It works very well with my P3S. It is used strictly for flying in airplane mode with only Wifi, GPS and the DJI app on it.

Tobby

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues