Best case for Vision+

•Internal: 480 L x 360 W x 210mm H.
•External: 500 L x 425 W x 230mm H.
•Weight approx. 5.0kg, capacity approx. 36 litres.
•Burst-free 2 stage catches, including a push button safety catch; one problem with other types of 2 stage catch is that they tend to open too easily, and are therefore vulnerable to being opened accidentally, e.g. if dropped or snagged on e.g. a webbing strap.
•The handle has a handle stop at the vertical, i.e. the case won't swing and graze your knuckles.
•A unique integrally-mounted carry strap is available.
•Stainless steel catch and hinge pins.
•A robust and foolproof air pressure purge valve to cope with the problem of significant changes in atmospheric pressure, i.e. being unable to open the lid because of the pressure difference.
•Padlock eyelets.

Jimgermani said:
I have been searching for a case for weeks. I see a lot of cases, but not many that are specifically built for the vision+. This is one I've found, but I don't like the way that the props don't seem like they have proper support.....
http://www.tradecraftcases.com/category-s/1818.htm

Can anyone recommend a great case for around $250 or less?

I use the P2V version of this case for my P2V. I removed a row of foam fingers from the lid foam above each line of props (one row near the front and one row near the back) so they would not be pressing down of the props. Therefore the lid fingers push down on everything but the props. I have no problem with props bending if I chose to leave them on in the case.
I also made the slot in the foam for the spare props a little longer and leaving the opening at the top of the slot the same width, I enlarged it as it gets deeper. This allows me to have two sets of spare props that are under no stress and still have the "in use props" in there if I want to store the Phantom with the props off.
In addition I have expanded and enlarged various "holes" to store a smart phone sunshade, the controller with two smart phone holder clamps (to hold the bigger sunshade), slots for a spare set of controller batteries, and a small hand held anemometer. It is a pricey case, but it is rugged and works for me.

I use the GoProfessional Vision case, and it fits perfectly. You can leave the props installed, but I always remove them before I pack things up. There is room for a 5th battery if you leave one inserted into the Phantom. You could actually fit several more batteries into the case if you want to use some of the additional slots.

1dOqRPG3yMmkElNxDvXelPFthBHeTH-sTe5ODnbpQyxB=w445-h543-no

Dirty Bird said:
I use the GoProfessional Vision case, and it fits perfectly. You can leave the props installed, but I always remove them before I pack things up. There is room for a 5th battery if you leave one inserted into the Phantom. You could actually fit several more batteries into the case if you want to use some of the additional slots.

I also have this case and I'm quite happy with it. It's a little heavy but good build quality and everything fits well.

I am using the Tradecraft case the OP listed. I keep the props on. Not only do I use it for transporting, but is the home for my Phantom whenever I am not flying it.
After having this case for almost 3 months, would I buy it again if I need a 2nd case? ABSOLUTELY!

Brettly said:
Cheers DB. Will have to join, hope it's free ship to Australia?

I don't know if the free shipping includes Australia? Joining Amazon Prime is $99 per year. If you order lots of stuff its an awesome deal, plus you get unlimited access to Amazon movie & kindle books.

One of these days I have to go on a walkabout down there...New Zealand too!

Brettly said:
:) bit chilly at the moment. Days are nice though.
Seems there are a few of these cases on evilbay.

Need to bring the Vision+ and my Meade LX200 telescope! Fly all day, stargaze all night. I'll squeeze Patron time in there somewhere! ;)

Brettly said:
adaminaus said:
Hello for Australia i ended up buying the safe case from super cheap
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online ... 6046#Cross

Works well took my time deciding the layout and i swapped the eggshell to the base
here is a image

Cool. Might have to check that out. Did you do inside foam/ slots yourself?..was that a separate purchase?

It includes the foam it is easy just layout and think about it as you only get once chance or you are buying more foam but for $70 it is a good choice

Jimgermani said:
I have been searching for a case for weeks. I see a lot of cases, but not many that are specifically built for the vision+. This is one I've found, but I don't like the way that the props don't seem like they have proper support.....
http://www.tradecraftcases.com/category-s/1818.htm

Can anyone recommend a great case for around $250 or less?
I have, and would recommend, the TradeCraft you show above. It is designed for the slight extra height of the Plus and you can leave the props on without issue. Room for all the included accessories and 4 Batteries plus 1 in the bird. There's room for additional cutouts as well. It's extremely solid, has wheels with pull-out handle, water and air tight with a pressure release hole for air travel.
I don't use it just for travel as it's also the permanent home for my Plus when not in use. $179 + shipping. Highly recommended.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic