Best carry on case for p3

Reaction score
So I need a case that is carry on compliant for the p3. I purchased the sea horse one and it is definitely too big.

Suggestions?

Pelican 1510, the bird barely fits. However, I read the other day that the carry-on size could be decreased very soon. I agree with singer that a backpack might be the better, more versatile, option, I've been harassed about the size of my DLSR backpack before though because it didn't fit in the silly box by ticketing.

Most US airlines carry on size is 22"x 14"x 9". My GPC backpack fits that specification, as will some other backpacks.

Check your airline's requirements before you travel.

Reactions: snowghost
I would avoid the Pelican 1510. I ordered one via Amazon at the recommendation from another thread, but discovered it's simply too small. Yes, your Phantom 3 will physically fit, but without any foam under the landing struts, above the motor spindles, or around the motor cowlings. Even then the clearance between the lid (with foam removed) is barely a couple millimeters. (In fact if positioned wrong at one end of the case, two of four "rosettes" on the inside lid will contact two of the motor spindles before the lid is fully closed. As tough as that case is, any outside pressure is going to bend the shell slightly and transfer stress to the Phantom 3. Anyway, I'm returning the case--the first item I've ever returned to Amazon in a decade or so of shopping there. It's a shame, as it really is the perfect size for carry-on.

Last edited:
http://tradecraftcases.com/toughcase-x3-for-phantom-3-professional-and-advanced/

Fits everything you need in one case and fits in the overhead bin with room to spare.

Thats too big for carry-on, length, width, and height. You might get away with it but if they made you put it in "the box", It wouldn't fit. There is a regional airline I fly all the time here and they are total bag nazis. They'd make you check that in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Too big, except for Southwest and Virgin.

Last edited:
Thats too big for carry-on, length, width, and height. You might get away with it but if they made you put it in "the box", It wouldn't fit. There is a regional airline I fly all the time here and they are total bag nazis. They'd make you check that in a heartbeat.
I've fit it in "the box" multiple times at different airports. It squeezes in by touching the front and back but it fits.

The DJI P3 Hardshell backpack is technically too big at 19"x14"x 9.5", but it should fit under most seats. I used to fly every week and it's painful to see some of the bags people try and stuff in the overheads.

Small regional jets have tiny overhead bins that don't fit much at all, but the often have larger underseat spaces because they are not clogged with in seat entertainment computers. The one advantage of the hardshell backpack is I would feel slightly more comfortable gate checking that.

The ThinkTank Helipak is a gorgeous carry-on bag designed specifically for the Phantom. Bit pricey, but worth it (in my opinion, of course).

Reactions: cmyk22
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Anything else that you have used for carry on travel?

I've fit it in "the box" multiple times at different airports. It squeezes in by touching the front and back but it fits.

I think the measuring boxes are actually a bit larger than the specs so that the carryons fit in them easily.

soo what do people put on the pick and pluck foam to secure it after making it fit? I heard a rubber cement..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen