best car charge solution

Seems like a nice solution if you are staying in one place- and not far from your car.
And one I may consider.
But I'm still looking to find a rechargable battery type thing- something I Can use while driving to the next spot.
A typical situation for me would be to have several locations to fly/shoot in a day and I'd want batteries charging while on the move.and then to be able to charge up my Charging station when I get home.
Also I'm in a mini-van, not an open truck...
But this is cool....

Simple enough - same parts, battery and inverter. You just don't need it tied down. Charge it up and home, head out for your day, charge your batteries as needed. Keep a volt meter with to check the big battery once in a while, and booster cables with in case you need a top up near the end of the day.

Check out some vehicle booster packs too. I have 2. They have a 28AHr battery inside, and a built in 800W inverter (modified square wave). It's meant for boosting cars as well as powering other devices with 120 VAC. Also has a cig plug for 12 VDC devices. I take them to the lake to power, among other things, a high volume pump for towable tubes. They look nice and they're very portable, no bigger than a regular battery, and 1/2 the weight. I don't know where you are, but we can get them from someplace like Canadian Tire. Just don't expect a full day of charging from a single battery.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439740106.789034.jpg

The eBay DC-DC voltage converter arrived today. It got stuck on a pretty slow boat. But, it works really well. Maybe a little bulky, but once it's in an enclosure (ordered just now) with meters, it will be worth it. 12VDC cig lighter charging as fast as the 100W pro supply.

First bench test...
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439850155.125741.jpg

The 50W car charger may be much slower than a 300W inverter but will it actually damage the P3's battery? If so, in what way?

The 50W car charger may be much slower than a 300W inverter but will it actually damage the P3's battery? If so, in what way?
Won't damage the battery at all. It will just be a slow charge. The power supply that comes with the Advanced is only 57W, so it's all just lower current supplied. Slow charging is never a bad thing, but charging too fast can be. I am building a car charger that will charge at the same 6A as the 100W Pro supply.

FTS300P.jpg

Just purchased this inverter - 300W
Will be trying it out soon as I will be doing a 2000klm road trip next week.
plugs into cigarette lighter and can also connect to the battery terminals.
I will provide feedback soon.

Reactions: acherman
Won't damage the battery at all. It will just be a slow charge. The power supply that comes with the Advanced is only 57W, so it's all just lower current supplied. Slow charging is never a bad thing, but charging too fast can be. I am building a car charger that will charge at the same 6A as the 100W Pro supply.
Thanks.

My "almost finished" car charging solution. Can charge as fast in the car as I can at home with the 100W Pro power supply. Machined my own P3 battery connected out of 1/2" Lexan (it's what I had around).
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440553356.507945.jpg
meters show voltage in and voltage out for reference it's set at 17.4 V out, but drops under the 6.5 A load (to be expected).

Reactions: mohan and SENC
Have been testing my big green Aerpro 300W inverter(photo in previous post). Have charged 4 batteries in normal time. This seems to be the most practical "off the shelf" car charging solution so far.

Reactions: acherman
Acherman - That case, LED displays look amazing. Go on .. Market it.. I will buy one.

Acherman - That case, LED displays look amazing. Go on .. Market it.. I will buy one.

It looks suspiciously like my 300W inverter.......:rolleyes:

Power_Inverter.jpg

Damm.....my "chinese" inverter arrives yesterday to the capital airport...probably i will get it this week....but im so frustrated not been "full wave".....

Its a 600wts inverter.....and this stuff will damage the battery, right?
Any way to increase or change this "modified wave" thing? A filter or other stuff?

Dam.....i think i will put him for sale......

DJI will no doubt release a car charger at some point, but they haven't yet. You could use a power inverter along with your DJI battery charger. Here are a few that are commonly used to charge Phantom batteries:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Code=as2&tag=ph079-20&linkId=B7LCQ5QOEUWIMCYZ

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...s2&tag=phantomhelp-20&linkId=4EHGM6AOZD4VIQRY

Would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PINV33-Inverter-Modified-Outlet/dp/B00HWSXWF8

My "almost finished" car charging solution. Can charge as fast in the car as I can at home with the 100W Pro power supply. Machined my own P3 battery connected out of 1/2" Lexan (it's what I had around). View attachment 28613meters show voltage in and voltage out for reference it's set at 17.4 V out, but drops under the 6.5 A load (to be expected).

I thought 19v was the output from the DJI charger. Do you have a link for ghat dc-dc converter please?

Just another piece to carry with you. If going on a long shoot-- maybe practical-- but going out every day or a few days a week-- it would be a nuisance to me. I use my 1200 watt inverter with the engine running-- just don't want to change running my vehicle battery down. Did that once charging airplane lipos and wound up having to purchase a new battery.

All great questions for discussion! Cheers:)
Hi! Can you tell me possess the brand/model of the inverter you re using?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.