Best Camera settings

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have never made any changes to the camera settings. I've just used it straight from the box.

Could anyone give me some guidance on the optimum settings for general use.

For stills and video would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I have never made any changes to the camera settings. I've just used it straight from the box.
Could anyone give me some guidance on the optimum settings for general use.
For stills and video would be much appreciated.
Optimum settings will depend on 100 different things - there's no simple best setting.
If there was, that's the only setting you would have.
If you aren't familiar with camera controls, the best setting is Auto.

Reactions: MichaelS
Just a simple advice, processing video above 1080p is time and space consuming, and the target media might not even ready to display 4k or 2.7k. So I always shot video at 1080p but with higher fps (60fps).

For stills, it depends on the lighting and color, you want to play around iso, shutter speed, exposure value, white balance, focus, etc.

Check out this thread for some tips on flying with smoother movements. That'll come in handy when shooting video.

im new to this also and i noticed my pics files are big, im talking 4 and 5 MB.. for one pic.
That's normal. RAW photos are around 24MB.

FWIW, I am using a 128GB Class X SD Card. I know the specs say 64GB is max, but the P3 4K will leverage a larger card with no issues.

Reactions: iflyhelis
FWIW, I am using a 128GB Class X SD Card. I know the specs say 64GB is max, but the P3 4K will leverage a larger card with no issues.

Yes you can plug a larger capacity card but per specs, P3 will not be able to use beyond 64 GB

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes you can plug a larger capacity card but per specs, P3 will not be able to use beyond 64 GB

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
So did they code something to only look at the first 64GB of the file system? Which 64GB is it looking at..?

If I fill the card 3/4 with junk, will it use the remaining 1/4 free space? Now, I am curious....

Ok, so the card I am using only has 53GB free of 128, it still works great. All content on the card is from my P34K....so humbug on the 64gb...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31