Best camera settings for GoPro in PAL country?

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone please advise on the best camera settings for filming with a GoPro 3+ Black edition in PAL.

I will need to edit footage on location for broadcast news using Final Cut Pro (version 7) on a timeline set for 1080 HD 25fps PAL with tight time deadlines, so I need to limit any post-processing time as far as possible. I am unsure of the merits and processing time trade-offs in using Superwide, Protune or 50fps modes to try and get the best quality video on my FCP timeline in the shortest possible time. I chose the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal because of its great stabilisation, removing the need for any time-consuming digital stabilisation processing.

Also, does using the GoPro studio fisheye reduction processing decrease quality or significantly add to processing time?

Grateful for any advice.

Regards,

GadgetBen

If you want to avoid post-processing as much as possible, the obvious choice is shooting at 1080/25fps.
it will produce the smallest files, shortest editing/processing time (as well as transfer time).

-Superwide or Medium is fine to use (narrow is probably too narrow?), but both result in the same file size and format, with similar quality. Medium will show much less curvature, (tho won't be as wide of course).
Protune results in higher quality video, (higher bit-rate), but does require post-processing prior to editing (generally)or after editing.

The Fisheye reduction process will indeed increase processing time and theoretically reduce quality a tad (tho the quality will probably be negligible and not very noticeable to the naked eye),

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie