BEST CAMERA OPTIONS

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the world of drones. My company just purchased a P4 for use of taking photos of things going on around the city.

I am wanting to personally purchase my own and start doing some photo work on the side. Any advice as to what drone would best suit doing photo/video work; as well as software for editing and additional apps? Also can anyone recommend a PC that would be most compatible for all of the work?

Thanks in advance,
Logan

Hey guys, I'm new to the world of drones. My company just purchased a P4 for use of taking photos of things going on around the city.

I am wanting to personally purchase my own and start doing some photo work on the side. Any advice as to what drone would best suit doing photo/video work; as well as software for editing and additional apps? Also can anyone recommend a PC that would be most compatible for all of the work?

Thanks in advance,
Logan

Hi Logan,
Sounds like a lot of fun but first you'll need to re-access your personal budget as a good Photo-Drone will cost you a bit! So you'll have to decide how much you're willing to spend. Secondly, you'll have to remember all of the 'excuse my lingo; "Taxes" that go with owning and flying your new drone. Yes... it is getting worst out there!

I am wanting to personally purchase my own and start doing some photo work on the side. Any advice as to what drone would best suit doing photo/video work
Unless you want to spend really big $$ of industrial grade drones, the best photo/video machine is the Phantom 4 pro.
Its camera is a huge improvement on those used in all other Phantoms or competing machines.

I was leaning towards the P4 pro as it seems to be the only budget friendly drone. The inspire is intriguing to me but I do not like the short battery time. FlyHigh - what did you mean about the tax comment?

Tax, you know... Uncle Sam! AMA fees, rules n regs... and fees your uncle and or others may develop in the future, you know like all the fees for living today... will someday be incorporated into our Drone World and as far as Businesses... watch out! Don't mean to scare ya mate!

Tax, you know... Uncle Sam! AMA fees, rules n regs... and fees your uncle and or others may develop in the future, you know like all the fees for living today... will someday be incorporated into our Drone World and as far as Businesses... watch out! Don't mean to scare ya mate!

The AMA has nothing to do with the government or taxes. It's a private hobbyist organization that you can join or not.

Hello @lpmccormick. I am not sure where flyhigh is coming from. All you need to do to be legal is register (only) with the FAA and it will cost you $5 every 3 years - sUAS Registration . The AMA is a worthwhile investment as a voice in government for you, they cover you with insurance (see the AMA site for details), and other benefits. Check them out.

Thanks in advance,
Logan
Well if you are going to be compensated for these photos you will need the part 107 Remote Pilot License to start with. You will also have to register the drone with the FAA for commercial use. To protect yourself you will need to purchase some liability insurance, usually 1 million dollars worth of coverage. Next you have to verify you are not in restricted air space and if you are file for an exemption with the FAA. So you can see it is not an easy process of just going out and purchasing a drone and shooting pictures.

I do agree that the phantom 4 pro looks to be the drone of choice, however don't over look Autel X-Star premium. Just my 2 cents worth [emoji16]

My Best recommendation:
Xiaomi Mi Drone WIFI With 1080P Camera 3-Axis
It has flying time of 27 minutes.
Equiped with GPS + GLONASS + vision-based positioning for max precision.
Link for the product and more details:
New Arrival Xiaomi Mi Drone WIFI FPV With 1080P Camera 3 Axis Gimbal RC Quadcopter RTF-in Camera Drones from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

My Cheap recommendation:
My recommendation for drone is SYMA X8 4K Camera 1080p Ultra HD Wifi 2.4G.
The price is around 120$ and the company SYMA is highly recommended.
Link to the seller with good reviews:
SYMA X8C X8G X8W X8HG X8 FPV RC Drone With H9R 4K Camera 1080p Ultra HD WiFi 2.4G 4CH RC Quadcopter Helicopter Professional Dron-in RC Helicopters from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4