Best Buy

As much attention that drones get publicly, they are being sold all over the place and sometimes out of stock. I sort of glad Best Buy sells dones, well DJI ones for that matter, as you can just go there and price match parts instead of waiting to have them shipped to you. Well at least the props and such.

saw the Karma in the case at Best Buy couple of days ago.

Bought my P3 4k at Best Buy for $599. by far the best deal around at the time.

Do you guys have Henry's camera stores in the USA, Henry's has a large Phantom display, & my town is fairly small. Also, they offer flight training every Saturday, a 4 hour session, Sessions are sold out for the next couple of months.
Mavic on the way too.

Was in BB today. The DJIs were all sold out except for one P3S. They had some Osmos and a decent range of accessories like cases/backpacks, filters etc. They had a few Yuneecs, and one of those orange drones that otherwise looks like a Phantom. Karma was in a completely different aisle. They had three in stock. Boy, that thing is pretty big when unfolded. It's about the same size as a Phantom. Gotta believe that the Mavic is going to eat it for lunch.

So the karma is actually out now and in stores?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Local Best Buy here has the Karma as well. It has its own display case along with an attached TV screen showing aerial flights of hot air balloons, probably taken by a person holding the gimbal part while in a basket and not from the drone. Other parts are drone flights though and look pretty good.

Just an empty "Coming Soon" for the Mavic case, and everytime I ask them to run an internal warehouse search on their computer the dates or availability changes. At one time it said "No orders being accepted," but that went away for a red backordered warning. Also fun to ask the salesperson, "Where can these be flown at?" as they haven't a clue as to parks, policing, airports, local ordinances, NFZ, etc.

Local Best Buy here has the Karma as well. It has its own display case along with an attached TV screen showing aerial flights of hot air balloons, probably taken by a person holding the gimbal part while in a basket and not from the drone. Other parts are drone flights though and look pretty good.

Just an empty "Coming Soon" for the Mavic case, and everytime I ask them to run an internal warehouse search on their computer the dates or availability changes. At one time it said "No orders being accepted," but that went away for a red backordered warning. Also fun to ask the salesperson, "Where can these be flown at?" as they haven't a clue as to parks, policing, airports, local ordinances, NFZ, etc.
Why should it be the responsibility of the sales person to inform you where you can fly. Have you ever received a list of where not to drive your car...

Why should it be the responsibility of the sales person to inform you where you can fly. Have you ever received a list of where not to drive your car...

Bad analogy, but most analogies are.

I would hope the salesperson knows something of which they sell. The head of the B.B. drone dept. does know the local safe-to-fly areas and he flies and builds them so maybe why he is in that department. However, others really are not informed and think "You can fly them anywhere" which leads to trouble.

Bad analogy, but most analogies are.

I would hope the salesperson knows something of which they sell. The head of the B.B. drone dept. does know the local safe-to-fly areas and he flies and builds them so maybe why he is in that department. However, others really are not informed and think "You can fly them anywhere" which leads to trouble.
So what you are saying is...others are responsible for your decision to buy and fly without setting you down and giving you a lecture on how not to be stupid. I have bought toasters, steak knives, microwave ovens, etc and have yet to have someone tell me what not to do with them. When someone buys something from Best Buy or any other chain and expects to be schooled to know how and where it may be used is just stupid. That's not their job. A hobby shop might give more input . .

So what you are saying is...others are responsible for your decision to buy and fly without setting you down and giving you a lecture on how not to be stupid. I have bought toasters, steak knives, microwave ovens, etc and have yet to have someone tell me what not to do with them. When someone buys something from Best Buy or any other chain and expects to be schooled to know how and where it may be used is just stupid. That's not their job. A hobby shop might give more input . .

One of the things you get, and it is advertised, when buying from big box stores is pre-purchase advice.

And, if you go buy a off road capable Jeep I would be willing to bet the local dealer would know some places you could have fun.

Have to add.. surprised they didn't look at the box for the answer :D

Last edited:
Also fun to ask the salesperson, "Where can these be flown at?" as they haven't a clue as to parks, policing, airports, local ordinances, NFZ, etc.

Oh yeah. They told me I can't fly within 25 miles of any airport :)

Went back to Best Buy yesterday and looked by the GoPro stuff this time and found the Karma in the case. Looks very nice and well built but also looked pretty big. Actually looks bigger then my phantom with is arms out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Went back to best but yesterday and looked by the GoPro stuff this time and found the Karma in the case. Looks very nice and well built but also looked pretty big. Actually looks bigger then my phantom with is arms out...

It is bigger I believe when the arms are out. Apparently it isn't that good, i was hoping the best for it though.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Trump-Pence 2016

I bought two Standards in late November of last year at the Best Buy in Valparaiso, Indiana.
I paid a premium price for them too...lol

Just was at my local Best Buy today and was shocked to see this long display case with a bunch of drones. They must have just put it up. There was a phantom 3 pro, standard, 4, autel robotics,3dr solo, yuneec breeze, typhoon h, and a q500....I was surprised to see the 3dr, I thought they went out of business[emoji848]. It was pretty cool seeing them at a store like that and so many. They must be getting pretty popular. When I got mine I had to order it online cause no one had them around here, not even hobby shops...

agreed, its nice to have other options besides ordering and waiting!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31