Best Buy selling P4 on 4/1 instore - who is buying one there?

Reaction score
I see BB is showing instore availability on 4/1, anyone here planning on getting theirs there?

I am thinking the floodgates are going to open and this place is going to get even busier with the newbie questions this weekend.

Reactions: maseman88
I didn't buy mine there because of the n tax

For me it's tax at apple, amazon or best buy. If I order and have it shipped from any of those three it's only our state sales tax of 6%, whereas in-store it would be as high as 9.75 for a local store purchase. Since I have a BB elite status I have return exchange privileges for 30 days which is better than 14 at apple. Amazon is 30 days as well though.

The only benefit I would see buying at BestBuy is the reward points, 1400 points, double if you use their credit card. I'm a big point guy and have redeemed 100s of dollars in point certificates from BestBuy. Excellent system.

Personally I bought mine from Apple because I didn't want to wait :-D

The Best Buy return policy, apply only on unopened items, so they would not accept the returns if you opened the box...
I believe the best place to buy is directly from DJI, since you don't pay any tax...But that is considering you are ready to wait a bit...

The Best Buy return policy, apply only on unopened items, so they would not accept the returns if you opened the box...
I believe the best place to buy is directly from DJI, since you don't pay any tax...But that is considering you are ready to wait a bit...

I'm Best Buy Elite Plus member and have a 45 day return policy on all items, opened or not. Regular Elite gets 30 days and then standard customers are 15 days. I have returned opened items 40 days later, for a matter of fact, returning an Apple TV tomorrow, day 45.

I might go up the day of the launch to see how many people in the area show interest for the product and maybe pick up a free battery using the points I've accumulated.

Reactions: maseman88
I don't buy at Best Buy anymore, and I have one a mile way. Their return policy is subpar. I simply don't need them, there are other sellers that have better return policies. I think that's why they closed 50 stores 3yrs ago. I rarely shop at stores that don't have a reasonable return policy anymore. Costco gives 90 days on electronic items, Amazon 30 days and free shipping back. BB is not the "Best Buy" anymore, as the name implies.

Reactions: isopro

Best Buy says - "You can return or exchange almost everything within 15 days for a full refund. Simply bring your item(s) to us with all contents and packaging, proof of purchase and ID, and we will process your return or exchange".

There are no callouts for drones at this time. Elite members get 30 days and Elite Plus gets 45 days for returns and exchanges.

I'm Best Buy Elite Plus member and have a 45 day return policy on all items, opened or not. Regular Elite gets 30 days and then standard customers are 15 days. I have returned opened items 40 days later, for a matter of fact, returning an Apple TV tomorrow, day 45.

I might go up the day of the launch to see how many people in the area show interest for the product and maybe pick up a free battery using the points I've accumulated.

Same here. Elite Plus

I just left my local BB, they had the P4s on the shelf and ready for purchase.

Confirmed in stock and for sale. in Southern Illinois. Not on shelves though

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'll be visiting my local BB tomorrow to return the Apple TV, will report my findings on P4 being available and/or on the shelf.

I don't usually shop at the stores as I have Amazon Prime and can always find better deals with free 2 day shipping there but Best Buy does have a price match guarantee on a lot of items so if I need something right away, it is the place I go.

Why are some people so concerned about return policies as they expect to return even before they buy and why would anyone need 30-45 days to figure out if they either like it or its defective. These questions would be answered easily in a normal 14 day return policy. And if something is defective after the return policy time the warranty should cover the problem.
I very well could be wrong here but my thought is that anyone that needs 45 day return policy on a drone is learning how to fly and in case it crashes they can claim it was defective and return it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why are some people so concerned about return policies as they expect to return even before they buy and why would anyone need 30-45 days to figure out if they either like it or its defective. These questions would be answered easily in a normal 14 day return policy. And if something is defective after the return policy time the warranty should cover the problem.
I very well could be wrong here but my thought is that anyone that needs 45 day return policy on a drone is learning how to fly and in case it crashes they can claim it was defective and return it.

I simply like the added cushion of a 30 or 45 day that a merchant can offer versus a 7 day, 14 day or back to manufacturer only policy.

I've had and flown a yuneec q500, phantom fc40, phantom 2 v+, a v3 pro and never a crash so that thought doesn't always 'fly' lol.

Preach! Lol. Can't agree anymore. If you're not certain about purchasing something, do a research! If you purchased it and didn't like it, return it right away! 14-15 days is more than enough to figure out whether you like it or not. Never settle and always do research.

Preach! Lol. Can't agree anymore. If you're not certain about purchasing something, do a research! If you purchased it and didn't like it, return it right away! 14-15 days is more than enough to figure out whether you like it or not. Never settle and always do research.

Everyone is entitled to their thoughts and reasons!

I don't like Bestbuy at all. I applaud them for thinking outside the box, but I'll stick with Apple or order from a reliable DJI dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31