Best Buy has the Phantom 3 Standard $499.99

By the way, at my wife's urging, I used the $214 price match refund to purchase an Nvidia K1 tablet to use as a monitor for my P3 Standard, as opposed to my Iphone. I'll post my experiences with the Nvidia in a couple of days, provided I get some good flying weather (this evening was phenomenal after the wind died down).

I ordered one Sunday night, it arrived Wednesday. Still haven't opened the box yet. I've been searching for the required firmware updates..??

BTW: It also came with a $75.00 AMA 1-Year membership, my AMA was due for 2016 so that worked out pretty good, net price about $425.00

Not Best Buy related, but I returned my Standard on Amazon after paying $699 under the holiday return policy. I then dug up my old .edu email (graduated in 2013) and it was still active so I got the Advanced from DJI directly with the .edu discount for $719. Only a $30 difference after the return shipping to Amazon.

Re: The Hardcase Backpack: My Nvidia Shield K1 arrived late this afternoon so I rolled over to Best Buy to see if they had a screen cover for it. The didn't as it's to new an item for them. They should have it in stock with accessories in another 5 days. Anyway, I digress, The same salesman I'd approached several days earlier about the backpack hard case saw me and asked me to follow him. He then led me to a shopping cart in which he had 3 DJI backpack hard cases ($149). He said they'd just come in and he was preparing to put them out. He also said he'd been unable to find any information on the backpack being part of the DJI deal at Christmas. He asked me to wait, and went to find the store manager.

Couple of minutes elapsed and the store manager introduced himself (nice guy, by the way). I explained what I was being told in the forum. He instructed the salesman to call "The Bridge" (part of Best Buy) and told him to explain the situation. They confirmed the DJI backpack WAS part of the purchase package. I explained I'd already received a battery for free ($149 value) and asked if that could have been a replacement for the backpack (don't want anything I'm not entitled to). At the time of the original purchase the Best Buy salesman (different person) had said that the free battery was something DJI had done at the last moment for Christmas eve only. Anyway, Best Buy authorized the current salesman to give me the hard case backpack at no charge.

When the store manager came back in and was told the backpack was part of the deal and I had it in hand, he looked at his watch and said "just in time" as their return policy, etc. for Christmas ended tonight (The 15th), so I'm not sure if that means they will no longer issue the backpack, but I'd take my receipt in and ask. If they don't know what you are talking about ask the manager to call "The Bridge" to inquire. He'll know what you're referring to. They're the section of Best Buy my guy called. Good luck ........

Got two of them. Great deal. Also, I got 424.00 back from Best Buy. I bought two P3S for Christmas. One for me and one for my son. So I ended up paying only 499.00 each, and got the case as well. Hell of a deal.

Reactions: Providian623
My wife sat down and figured all the money in's and out's and what it all would have cost had we actually purchased the extra battery & backpack. You are correct. It was one hell of a deal ! :wink:

Reactions: Bigsekcee

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj