Best Buy, eBay and the Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been following this thread for couple months with an interest in purchasing a Phantom 4.

Today I went to the Best Buy in Scottsdale, AZ to investigate some things I have read about purchasing a Phantom 4. Two things I have read on this site was 1) sales tax and eBay Best Buy, and 2) return policy extension that I would like to clarify.

• Best Buy eBay and Sales Tax. On this site I read that individual purchased a Phantom 4 from the Best Buy eBay store and avoided paying the sales tax. The store claimed (even through I showed them the site) there is no such thing as Best Buy eBay store and even if there was they would waive the sales tax for an in-store pick-up. Can anyone confirm that is there is a Best Buy eBay store and the avoidance of sales tax.
  • Best Buy and Extended Return Policy. Best Buy's return policy is 15 days for core membership. The return policy is extended to 30 day if purchase over $1500 worth of merchandise. It was claimed on this site that the 30 day return policy goes into effect immediately after making a major purchase--in this case a Phantom 4 and a iPad Mini 4. The Scottsdale store claimed that the 30 day policy did no go into effect until about 3 months after the purchase and all that I would be eligible for is the 15 day return policy. Can any one confirm a 30 day return policy with Best Buy after making purchase that exceed $1500.
Cheers,

Don Barar

Last edited:
Hi MSinger,

I know. I showed it to them and he went to the manger. Then they went to manager and came back and told me this was fraud.

Don

It sounds like the store manager was a bit confused.

Not a surprise. With as little training these individuals get it is no wonder the information is bad. I'll try a different store,

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers