Best book for complete newbie

Reaction score
Hi all. I recently purchased a phantom 4 pro because of all the stunning photos and video I saw online taken by one. I realize that it may have been a bit overkill for a complete newbie to buy such a complex machine, but I figured if i was going to buy one, it might as well be one that won't be completely outdated soon and one that I can "grow" with. My question is this: Does anybody have any book recommendations for a complete newbie to learn the basics of photography and videography? I have read plenty of review online, but anymore online reviews are so hard to trust. I would like to learn the details of manipulating the camera of my p4p as well as post editing photos and videos. Keep in mind that I have zero experience right now.

The first thing would be to read the instruction manual for your P4 several times over... Then fly. Then take some photos and vids. Then try to do some editting of those photos and vids.

The first thing would be to read the instruction manual for your P4 several times over... Then fly. Then take some photos and vids. Then try to do some editting of those photos and vids.
Thanks. I have read the manual. However, I feel like if I had a better understanding of the terminology and principles of photography I could apply things and really start to use the p4p to its potential. I'm specifically looking for suggestions on a book to read about photography and video both shooting and editing.

My question is this: Does anybody have any book recommendations for a complete newbie to learn the basics of photography and videography?
I beleave if you will read within these pages you will learn all you need to know . :)

Hi bstanton, like yourself i too had never even flown a drone till early this year as i wanted to take some arial footage of our wedding out in mexico, and like yourself had never edited either and then theres the soundtrack to take into consideration the answers are Google, Google, Google.
But to help you out fly the drone take some footage download a relatively cheep editing program i use 'Adobe premiere elements' easy to learn to use and the music is off 'Sound Cloud' from artists who only ask for a contribution for there work that way if you ever decide to upload onto YouTube and decide to monetise your page there won't be any problems with copywrite. heres an example of mine

now i'm not a professional videographer but this is for us to enjoy in our retirement years but you'll get the gist
btw i fly a MP but i'm board so surfing the threads lol

John

Last edited:
That's an awesome video. Still wondering if anybody has read an actual book that breaks things down for them. I know I could dig and piece it all together eventually, but having a book with it all in one place would be convenient, and there are some spots I go for work where I can't have a phone, but a book is ok

Yeah, I have come across a lot of books online, I was just hoping that somebody from this forum has read one and really recommends it. Ya know? I know there are online reviews, but they are hard to trust anymore

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl