Best Battery For Fully Loaded DJI F550

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am currently building a DJI F550 and am planning on upgrading to FPV, retracts, and gimbal. I would like to maximize my fight time. From some research, I have read that 4S is much better.

What is the max maH and any suggestions for batteries?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jorgeldelapaz
Hey wsather, I'm not in the habit of replying to posts that are over a year old, but I'm really shocked that no one in the community thought enough of your question to reply. I'm just getting ready this week to start my F550 build and have the exact same question as you. So I've been reading all the posts I can on all the forums I can find, in order to have enough info to dig in to the build and not have to stop every time I have a question. So while I can't answer from experience, I can share some of the flight times I've read about from forums all over the place. Most of the higher flight times I'm finding (over 15 minutes) are coming from 4s lipos in the 6000mah to 8000mah range, with discharge rates as high as 60c. I saw one guy running a 12000mah that said he got 27 minutes. I don't know if there were any typos involved there or not :eek::eek::eek:. So I'm sorry no one at all responded, but maybe this will kick it back to the top and get some interest. I hope so, for both our sakes...

Hey J,
I just saw your post, so that's why the delay in responding. Yes, I finished the build and the FPV gear. I went with the Turnigy Multistar 8000 mAh battery. I'm getting plenty of flight time, actually so much that my attention span is really taxed near the end. It's a lot of stress for an old codger like me to keep one up for 18 to 22 minutes, and stay focused on altitude, speed, telemetry, and the occasional video signal loss due to camera positioning on the return trip. As I replied to wsather above, I've seen reports of 12,000 mAh batteries giving 27 minutes, but that's an awful lot of weight. Hope this helps...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd