Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Best Battery For Fully Loaded DJI F550

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wsather, Jan 23, 2016.

1. wsather

Hey guys, I am currently building a DJI F550 and am planning on upgrading to FPV, retracts, and gimbal. I would like to maximize my fight time. From some research, I have read that 4S is much better.

What is the max maH and any suggestions for batteries?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. rebelyellNC

Hey wsather, I'm not in the habit of replying to posts that are over a year old, but I'm really shocked that no one in the community thought enough of your question to reply. I'm just getting ready this week to start my F550 build and have the exact same question as you. So I've been reading all the posts I can on all the forums I can find, in order to have enough info to dig in to the build and not have to stop every time I have a question. So while I can't answer from experience, I can share some of the flight times I've read about from forums all over the place. Most of the higher flight times I'm finding (over 15 minutes) are coming from 4s lipos in the 6000mah to 8000mah range, with discharge rates as high as 60c. I saw one guy running a 12000mah that said he got 27 minutes. I don't know if there were any typos involved there or not :eek::eek::eek:. So I'm sorry no one at all responded, but maybe this will kick it back to the top and get some interest. I hope so, for both our sakes...