Best Backpack for Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Reaction score
I bought the one in the 2nd link and am very happy with it, well made and easy to get in and out, one annoying thing is the props fall about as there are loose, but i just put a bit of bubble wrap to hold them in place.

Chamb0 FPV said:
I bought the one in the 2nd link and am very happy with it, well made and easy to get in and out, one annoying thing is the props fall about as there are loose, but i just put a bit of bubble wrap to hold them in place.

Same here, I use a piece of cloth over the props, and can use it to wipe down any mud/dirt or squashed bugs.
It does seem to get dirty easily put down in the field, but is good to carry - and sturdy enough to be a useful storage case whenever you don't want it for a few days.

Thanks Dirty Bird,

I have the same backpack but in a smaller version and it is well made, it is my overnight pack and it's been tossed around my truck like garbage, but always comes out like the day I got it. Got to get it!

Phantom 2 Vision
UAV Pilot 4 Fun - Allan
Cypress TX

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i bought my dji backpack week ago. i must say its very conforable and very light. other one is custom made for my tarot fy680.

http://postimg.org/image/t4qpz4mn3/

t4qpz4mn3

Hey, just a question, I ve been thinking about bag recently too, but important question. Do you have to unscrew props every time you want to fit it in? Thx

Great thread... Thanks !

Based on the post, I decided to order this backpack from dronefly.... It fits the bill perfectly for hiking into some of the locations I plan to shoot... The hardcase is to bulky, and looks "suspicious" when I roll upto a park...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 4.34.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 4.34.58 PM.png
    296.1 KB · Views: 872
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 4.35.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 4.35.22 PM.png
    315.2 KB · Views: 824
I take the props off every time I'm done flying, either with the GPS backpack or my Pelican 1550 hard case. It takes a few seconds. I keep 8 of them in a little box in the back pocket of the backpack. I've done that SO many times and never had an issue.

Jeremyconk said:
Great thread... Thanks !

Based on the post, I decided to order this backpack from dronefly.... It fits the bill perfectly for hiking into some of the locations I plan to shoot... The hardcase is to bulky, and looks "suspicious" when I roll upto a park...

Good choice. I just received mine (also from Dronefly... they shipped it promptly), and it is an excellent pack. I also have a hard case with wheels, which I use for regular carrying (really rolling) around my college campus, but that would never do for hiking to a mountain top, and this pack is exactly what I was looking for. I am surprised by how much extra room there is even once all of the Phantom stuff is loaded. You'll like it.

I want the gpc backpack but its $270 shipped. **** that's steep. Settled for the one in the 2nd link but still mulling over the gpc one.

Hi Everyone,

I also went with the GoProCases (GPC) DJI Phantom 2 Vision Backpack for my Vision+.

The bag was the most I've spent on a backpack ever US$239 + US$70 shipping to Australia.

I wasn't sure if the company would even ship to Australia, so I emailed them and dealt with Julia who was helpful and got everything done. Thanks Julia!

It was posted out USPS International priority and took just over a week to arrive. It is a bloody huge backpack, and made extremely well. The GPC foam insert is removable, and nothing else on the bag has been altered (other than the GPC logo embroidered on the front).

The bag has around 14 sections and storage pockets. The bag actually got to me before my Phantom did, so I took out the foam insert and used it to carry three days of clothes and personal amenities (including my Macbook Pro) on a business trip. Fortunately it is within allowable dimensions for carry on on planes, as it measured 110cm linear (width+height+length dimensions) which is allowed for Qantas flights.

Below is how I pack it with the Phantom, three batteries, charger, spare props and tools.

The section cut out for spare props can hold four props (the full set). If there is one suggestion for GPC, is to cut the section for spare props through all three layers of foam to allow an additional set to fit (only the top layer is cut which means I can't fit additional props). Right now I'm using the zippered pocket to hold the remaining spare props.

Yes props have to be removed for carry. Personally this isn't a problem and I prefer to remove the props while in transit anyway.

I imagine that long after my Phantom has been retired, I'll likely keep using this bag for other purposes.

Phantom_GPC_3.jpg

Phantom_GPC_2.jpg

Phantom_GPC_1.jpg

I also put a micro-fibre car polishing cloth to cover the Phantom and accessories to give a bit more protection (not shown here).

Thanks for the input guys!

I'm leaning towards the GPC Backpack, do you know where can I get them in Europe?

I bought the Vanguard UP-Rise II 48 recently and have taken it on two full day hikes here in the Rockies. Looks like the price on Amazon has gone up about $50 since I bought it at $137. I learned about it from this video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI1yVYSLl1E

So far, I'm loving it. There is plenty of room for the Phantom, accessories, and the standard stuff I need on a day hike (snacks, first aid, jacket,etc.) I even have room to carry a thermos for drinking yerba mate, AND the outside pocket for the rain cover works perfect for my CamelBack. It has a nice rain cover, is surprisingly comfortable, and I can access and set up everything within a minute. Here is a link to it at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008S94LRS/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The only thing I was worried about was storing the props inside in such a way that they didn't get bent or crushed. I solved this problem by using a sturdy cardboard poster mailing tube and cutting it down to the length of the props. It holds four props perfectly and safely and doesn't take up much space. I made two tubes so I can also carry a spare set.

Attachments

• Vanguard-Uprise-II-48.jpg
    Vanguard-Uprise-II-48.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 943
  • prop-tube.jpg
    prop-tube.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 644
I've just moved from a P2V to a +. My new + wouldn't fit in the old hard case (that had tight clearances anyway). I bought one of those cheap Chinese ones from EBay (GoodLuckBuy). They emailed twice to say thanks for the order and again when it shipped. Ordered 23.05 arrived 03.06. Not bad from China. It's not fantastic but it works. The quality of the material externally is pretty good and the zips are on decent quality. The only thing I can fault it on is the cut out for the transmitter isn't perfect; the phone holder doesn't quite fit in. Not bad for £60. And I can carry the + on my bike when I go out mountain biking :D

CBS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers