Best Backpack for P4?

Reaction score
After 3 months with my P4, I have come to realize that it is extremely inconvenient to transport it in the standard foam case. I was wondering if anybody had a suggestion on the best backpack for the bird and an Ipad. I have read both good and bad reviews about the DJI version so I figured I'd ask on here before making a purchase.

Thanks!

You can find a list of commonly used P4 backpacks here. There isn't one best backpack, so it would be better to browse and find the backpack that meets your needs.

Last edited:
I think the best available backpack is the Think Tank Helipak. Great materials, holds lots of stuff, has a waist belt, and the new version two looks even better.

We have the Polar Pro Drone Trekker v2 backpack and it is great!

Has an incredible capacity for being slightly smaller than the competitors and really durable build. Also, needless to say the customer service from Jeff and the guys over at Polar Pro is top notch.

I ordered the Manfroto D1 and it should be here in a couple of days. I am hoping that I love it.

I got the Lykus backpack in the list mentioned in #2. It's not a regular camera backpack but rather specially made for DJI Phantom drones. I put my P4, 2 batteries, controller, hood, 8 propellers, ipad and other small items in it. I'd say even with those stuff, it feels much more comfortable than my previous heavy hard case. Check the video:

I love my Manfrotto D1. So much room for everything. Two different iPad shades in back slide-in pocket with the separate sleeve for iPad. Side sleeve/pockets hold car charger, iPhone sun-shade and phone, car keys, little stuff. Main compartment stores P4P, two extra batteries in their own pockets, plus the three smaller zippered pouches hold lens cleaning kit, ND filters, parabolic reflector, Multiple iPhone cords, RC harness, and misc. items. The very top compartment can hold cameras, my baseball cap, snacks and small water bottle.
Bottom line, I love this backpack case. The lower wrap around strap helps support a fully loaded backpack and helps to keep shoulders from bearing all the weight.

I have a hard pack from Amazon. It is great for traveling. But not enough room. I can carry 4 batt, I have no where to carry my iPad mini4 or small shade. Look for the most room you can get. Lens and such extras

I have the Hobby Tiger hard shell backpack for the P4. My wife got it for me for Christmas as a gift so I did't do any research on it. I like it so far...comfortable and everything fits in it well. I like that it's a hard shell case and that it's molded foam inside. The foam is cut well and the P4 fits great. Only gripe is there is not room for a tablet.

I've had my Manfrotto D1 since March and couldn't imagine a better backpack.

I have Manfrotto D1 Aviator. I think it's the best choice. It's almost excellent (shoulder straps could be better).

8618_Manfrotto-D1-drone-RedBee-210-Backpack-628x355.jpg

Lowepro DroneGuard BP 450 AW is also very good..

1593801.jpg
1593801-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: frankj64155

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4