Best App for recurring way points

Reaction score
I have a gig to take pics once a month at a large construction site. I was thinking way points might be the way to go to keep each position consistent month to month.

If you have done this or similar. What app did you use and why?

I havent done similar with an app yet but something like Litchi or ILoveCoffee looks suitable enough, just upload the same mission and it should look pretty good

I have a gig to take pics once a month at a large construction site. I was thinking way points might be the way to go to keep each position consistent month to month.
If you have done this or similar. What app did you use and why?
Litchi is very good for exactly what you are wanting to do.

Looks like Litchi is getting the most votes. I was checking out some Lichi vids on YT, looks promising. This construction site is about a block wide, but it is 2,300 feet (700m) long. Is there a way to know how far out to set a way point to capture the whole property in one shot from the long side?

You could also use the Waypoint function in the Go app. You'd have to fly the mission to enter the waypoints though.

I will probably have to manually fly the first time anyway. Or fly and reset preset way points several times. There is no way that I am aware of, to know where to set a way point to capture a nearly 1/2 mile long piece of property in one frame

I do this each week using Litchi. Actually several times a week but different sites.

Looks like Litchi is getting the most votes. I was checking out some Lichi vids on YT, looks promising. This construction site is about a block wide, but it is 2,300 feet (700m) long. Is there a way to know how far out to set a way point to capture the whole property in one shot from the long side?

You can do the mission planning from your PC using Mission Hub (I think that's the correct name). Easy as pie but the first time you fly it do so with your finger on the MODE button to stop it just in case.

Yes, plan your WPs in the Litchi Mission hub and upload to your Litchi app. Every month you can run the same mission. I use the hub and GE. Also, be aware of the tallest structure in the area. Set your WP heights higher than the tallest structure to ensure you don't run in to it. There are many tutorials in YT.

Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

This construction site is about a block wide, but it is 2,300 feet (700m) long. Is there a way to know how far out to set a way point to capture the whole property in one shot from the long side?

The attached spreadsheet should get the trial and error to the right ballpark:

With 16:9 aspect ratio the distance to the object should be about 400m so that you can cover 748m in width (and 421m in height).

400m.png

Attachments

• P3P_image_coverage.ods.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 295
  • P3P_image_coverage.xlsx.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 301

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member