Best app for ipad

Reaction score
I have a IPad mini 2 wi-fi. I have tried to download DJI Pilot and it comes back and says app not supported on this device. I tried DJI Vision and no luck either. Works fine on IPhone but want bigger screen. Any and all help appreciated !!! I am flying Phantom 3 professional and is a fantastic aircraft.

Thanks

DJI Pilot was replaced by DJI GO today.. search again.
That is teh only app available beyond a hand full of BETAs

I tried to download and install and got this message. What am I not seeing?

Can not download - this app is not compatible with this device.

My IPad is model A1458, which should be a 4th gen mini 2 wi-fi ver 8.4

Thanks

Interesting.. THAT I cant help ya with. Im a well documented Apple hater.
Though I do fly with an iPad Air 2 at times

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Skyler, according to the following link, the A1458 is a 4th generation iPad:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201471

It has an A6 processor. You'll need an Apple device with at least an A7 or A8 processor in order to run DJI Pilot or DJI GO. You can find a list of commonly used devices here:

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/which-device-s-do-you-use-to-run-the-dji-pilot-app.48525
Thanks - looks like a trip to the local retail. Been flying with a IPhone 5s and way to much I strain !!!!

I'm starting to become a hater too !!! Thanks

Why are you becoming an apple hater, you don't even know what kind of iPad you have? That is the model number of a regular 4th gen iPad, not even a mini. DJI clearly state what devices the app is supported on, that is not one of them.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Buy an iPad Air 2 and forget the Mini.
Those things would overheat like crazy while running the Pilot App.
I can imagine them running any cooler with the new Go App, which was released this morning, along with the newest firmware release.

Yeah, with the A8X CPU in the iPad Air 2, if runs smooth and clean.
The screen size is awesome too, and the unit is very light weight for it's full sized screen.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: tvckz
I can imagine them running any cooler with the new Go App, which was released this morning, along with the newest firmware release.

The screen size is awesome too, and the unit is very light weight for it's full sized screen.

RedHotPoker

I have mini 3 and I love apple. I will follow your advice and get Air2 also. Mini 3 is getting hot, but I use cold slightly wet towel underneath and I am good with our climate. 100+ Fahrenheit is normal uphere

Last edited:

RedHotPoker
Hello there,
Say redhot...?...are you using hardware decode in the app with that air 2...???... ;-)

I use an IPad mini and have had no issues at all. No over heating. Guess I'm lucky. I wanted to get a larger screen but my holder on the controller doesn't extend far enough to hold anything bigger than the mini. Any suggestions?

Yes, I have it turned on. DJI Autumn suggested it, a few weeks ago.
Some have said to leave if off, but I never had the VPS errors others reported. Or any negatives, attributed to FirmWare updates.

If it causes any problems or heat issues, I will turn it off.

Many of us have upgraded the device holder for the Inspire 1 device holder, it's all metal base and better gripping action, make it much more secure and worry free.
I never measured it but when you open your holder, see if it will pull out a bit farther by hand.

RedHotPoker

Why are you becoming an apple hater, you don't even know what kind of iPad you have? That is the model number of a regular 4th gen iPad, not even a mini. DJI clearly state what devices the app is supported on, that is not one of them.
It's listed as 4th gen mini 2 and what I didn't know and what was not listed was the type of processor A6. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers !!!! Gotta hate something might as well be an apple...

RedHotPoker
Thanks !!! I will check that out. By chance do you use a hood or is that not an issue in the bright sun?

No, I don't use s hood, and yes, the reflective coating is an issue. I was flying the other day in bright Sun and had a heck of a time trying to see the screen. A hood or shade would be advisable. But at least my iPad Air 2 doesn't get warm while flying. I am interested to learn, how well the next gen. iPads will perform, with the Go App and new FirmWare installed.

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers