Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Best antennas for fpv

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by Stathis, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Stathis

Hello and wishes for the best flights...I have a ts 832 transmitter with the rc 832 receiver.I am trying to find which are the best antennas,any suggestions?

2. go fast

FPVLR ( Tony ) hands down , doubled my FPV distance , see my post " went to FPVLR today "

FPVLR likes this.
  3. JH_PiNoY

I highly recommend the Airblades antenna by IBcrazy. Reached 1.13 miles, no point of flying that far but just wanted to see how far it could go. Could have went further, no static at all. -Dji 1.1.1 stock

4. Cerone

I'm surprised you didn't lose your RC connection at that range. Mine seems to cut out at around 1/2 mile. Though that is in a city park so probably a good bit of interference.

5. go fast

I hit 2 KM today , my personal best . Turn your fcc screw clockwise till it stops .

6. dtitus6297

I only got a half mile or so before I modded my controller with a directional antenna. I haven't lost signal with it since the mod tho, so no estimated distance with the antenna mod. I have been out to a mile but no further

7. FCC screw????? where is that?

8. go fast

I don't know if it's really called FCC screw anyhow it's the screw in this hole ,turn it clockwise till it stops. When you turn on your remote you should get 3 beeps once you hear that you're good for the max range your remote can give you.

Attached Files:

9. Yes, that is the adjustment I was referring to. Thanks!

10. FLPTFLYER

Here is my flight with FPVLR antennas. I have also used IBC crazy antenna (bluebeam ultras). FPVLR out performed the blue beam ultras. Have since this video I have flown 5.5 kms with it.

FPVLR likes this.
  11. WOW that's great! What kind of TX for your FPV power is that?
    In the OSD, the Height and Distance are flashing in some of the video... is that because you are outside of a limit?

12. I think your sig is wrong... I tried clicking on it and couldn't find it. Should it be fPvlr.com?

13. So which FPVLR antenna did you use? They have a few to choose from...

14. FLPTFLYER

I used this 5.8GHz Premium Combo

15. FLPTFLYER

I was using a 600mw video transmitter and a black pearl diversity receiver monitor. It was always flashing as I was flying it. Important thing is look at the battery level.

16. OK thanks for the info!

17. kenjancef

This is probably the one aspect of FPV that I am most confused about. I already have an ImmersionRC 600, iOSD Mini and the solder-free cable coming on Wednesday, and probably the 7-channel Black Pearl next week, but the antennas have me stumped, especially when reading that the connections are not all the same. And right now I really can't afford $70-$100 on antennas. I don't plan on flying miles away, but I do want a decent, clear picture on the Black Pearl.

So in saying all this, can anyone help??

18. go fast

Good job FLPT flyer , I hit 2 miles (3.22 KM) today with my FPVLR setup , landed with 30% also but I was flying much slower than you about 10 m/s .