Best antenna range extender

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Hey guys, which is currently the best antenna range extender available , DBS?

Thanks

Hey guys, which is currently the best antenna range extender available , DBS?

Thanks

It really depends on what you want to do.. Stock should be very reliable upto 10k feet with the possibility of going further depending on your environment and battery.. If you plan on going much further then either the DBS or FPVLR will get you there reliably.. Keep in mind that you will need to do battery modifications to take advantage of the long range..

i have a DBS works fine.
you will have to open your tx to attach this antenna and that will void your warenty.

If it based on best per the amount spent it should go to the WindSurfer antenna setup. Next would easily be the DBS setup, and then fpvlr's setup.

I live in a particularly difficult area due to a lot of interference, hills, and tall trees. Before getting a range extender, I was unable to get more than 2500 feet from my home in any direction.

I purchased the FPVLR advanced kit for the P3 and it did wonders!
Advanced Kit for Phantom 3 & Inspire - FPVLR

Flying the same path as before the kit was installed I was able to go out 3.1 miles. I still had excellent signal both for the RC and Video link. I had to come back because of the battery. The RTH kicked in.

This is the only kit I have experience with, so I can't tell you if it's better than any other kit, but that's the kind of results I was able to get. Here's a video of my flight just after the kit.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Jahbass
I live in a particularly difficult area due to a lot of interference, hills, and tall trees. Before getting a range extender, I was unable to get more than 2500 feet from my home in any direction.

I purchased the FPVLR advanced kit for the P3 and it did wonders!
Advanced Kit for Phantom 3 & Inspire - FPVLR

Flying the same path as before the kit was installed I was able to go out 3.1 miles. I still had excellent signal both for the RC and Video link. I had to come back because of the battery. The RTH kicked in.

This is the only kit I have experience with, so I can't tell you if it's better than any other kit, but that's the kind of results I was able to get. Here's a video of my flight just after the kit.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
If your looking for better penetration you should take a look at the new bird side video amp modification from fpvlr . It's up on his website now and it sounds pretty cool. I think I'm going to add it to my bird soon.

If your looking for better penetration you should take a look at the new bird side video amp modification from fpvlr . It's up on his website now and it sounds pretty cool. I think I'm going to add it to my bird soon.

I hadn't seen that until you mentioned it! I am all in for that. Maybe a spring project. Any idea what it looks like on the Bird?

If it based on best per the amount spent it should go to the WindSurfer antenna setup. Next would easily be the DBS setup, and then fpvlr's setup.
Yes, agreed, but the biggest advantage for windsurfer is the ergonomics, it easily fits in most backpacks and hard cases without having to modify the insert. The two piece Windsurfer is small enough to fit almost anywhere.

I hadn't seen that until you mentioned it! I am all in for that. Maybe a spring project. Any idea what it looks like on the Bird?
I haven't seen any pictures yet but hopefully Tony will put some up soon. I'm really excited about getting that mod done :)

I agree with the Windsurfer suggestion first. Super inexpensive for what it does and it might solve your issues.

i installed the itelite flown 8500 meters one way 19000 total yes did my own battery mod using turnigy 1600 mah and my dji batts have 130 charges on them about 90% life with new p3 batt and hyperion hv 1800 mah i am hoping for 10000 to 12000 meter flight..my best flite was 19533...fly safe

Reactions: phantom13flyer
19533 meters now thats flying like the battery mod,,,,,,this mod is with nanotech 1600mah 167 grams the Hyperion HV 1800mah is 167grams HV 10% more fly time and 400 mah extra and same weight class sooooooo is 12000 meters possible yes I think I will get at least that....more testing I am waiting for my HV batts....fly safe

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 622
Last edited:
Reactions: phantom13flyer
Yes I too first used windsurfer it worked well but there is nothing like a better antenna with higher DBI the itelite is a good and inexpensive mod there are how 2 videos to do this mod it's easy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31