Best Android Device

Reaction score
Hey All

What is the best android device for Phantom 3 Standard? Decided finally to move away from Apple.
What would you recommend? Speaking about the phone. Not the tablet.

Thanks

Reactions: ShoRotten
Has anyone had any experience with ASUS products? I'm trying to avoid buying a new device for my drone and discovered my tablet works with ground testing that I have done so far. But I haven't tried to fly it. It's a little larger than ideal but it's already paid for and has GPS! However, I'm not so cheap and foolish to destroy my drone to save a buck either. :confused:

ASUS TABLET
MODEL ME302C
ANDROID 4.3

Thanks for you help,

Jim

However, I'm not so cheap and foolish to destroy my drone to save a buck either
You won't destroy your drone if your tablet does not work. In fact, you can fly without even using the DJI GO app (I don't recommend this though). The worst that'll happen is your video will stutter or the DJI GO app might crash. Give it a shot and see how it works.

Thanks a lot! That's the information I was looking for.

Jim

I am thinking of purchasing the Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet exclusively for the drone. I have a P3 Standard, and I need to get a good holder for this Tablet. Anybody got ant suggestions on a good holder for this tablet? Thanks in advance for help.

Mike

Mike, click on Phantom Help on the post above and get your creditcard out :D

I can't recommend an ASUS TABLET MODEL ME302C ANDROID 4.3. I've had this for a year or so and it's a great 10" tablet. Although personally I find it a little large and unwieldy for flying. I set my Pro up using it and I tried it out today even though It was a little windy around 16 MPH with gusts. I stayed low under 15' and things went fine until I landed. As the craft set down and I powered it of using the left stick DjiGO crashed. I tried to restart the app without success. Later tonight I tried it again and it won't load.
Sooo I went out and bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" tablet. I really like it and so far it looks good although it's too late to fly it today.

Well, I ended up purchasing an Acer Iconia Tab 8.
So far I like it. Loaded all the software and made the connection to the drone.
Now to decide if I want to put the new firmware onto the drone or not.
Will order the holder or two tomorrow.
Thanks for everyone's input.

Mike

Well, I ended up purchasing an Acer Iconia Tab 8.
So far I like it. Loaded all the software and made the connection to the drone.
Now to decide if I want to put the new firmware onto the drone or not.
Will order the holder or two tomorrow.
Thanks for everyone's input.

Mike
You might wanna try it out before buying a holder for it. I bought the same one from best buy and the video was very laggy on it. When I was flying it lagged to much for me. I ended up buying a nexus 7 from Craigslist and it works great. No lag at all.

Will do. I really only fly by sight. If I can't see the drone I bring it back. Still am not comfortable flying by the screen. But I will check it out. If it does that for me, I will just give it to my nephew and buy something different. Thanks for the input.

Mike

Reactions: mikep2323
I happy to report the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" tablet. works very well in fact it's incredible!

I used my Best Buy price match guarantee refund ($214) and ordered in a Nvidia Shield K-1 tablet. My wife urged me to do it so I'd have a larger screen to work with. Actually she probably didn't give me any grief because she likes to watch the screen when I fly. Best Buy doesn't yet have them in stock, at least in the St. Louis area, but it's showing as being delivered by the end of the day tomorrow which means overnight shipping to my location. I'll post my opinion of using it with the Phantom in a couple of days. Now I just have to figure out a good mount ..........

Now I just have to figure out a good mount
I installed the Inspire 1 tablet mount on my P3S remote controller. See more details here. If you do not want to physically mod your remote controller, you can find two nice tablet mounts here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20