Best and Brightest FPV solution?

That monitor is junk!!
This is what is the best out there right now;http://www.amazon.com/Lilliput-664-1280x800-Receiver-Photography/dp/B00F2O3PY2
It has an IPS screen, Vs. the older TN scree-which gives you a wider viewing angle, more color saturation, and generally brighter, despite what the figures might quote.
You can make up your own kit for cheaper.......so a search on the forums here to see what others are using.

B&H is a good company....but that kit....4" monitor-seriously??? And it doesn't even have a built-in receiver.

I got my Lilliput 664/w 7" IPS 1280x800 5.8ghz Fat Shark from Newegg.com for $309.00 free ship.

No affiliation to Newegg but I have bought from them before and they are great to deal with and fast shipping.

Yes. The iOSD doesn't need a DJI Transmitter. You can use any transmitter...the iOSD just passes the information through the video signal.
Best bet is to check the channel list on the Transmitter and make sure you have the same channel(s) on the receiver/monitor. Some makes are 5mzh difference and won't work...

I just purchased the new Lilliput 664/O because I want to use my own video receiver with it.

Mav456 said:
havasuphoto said:
Yes. The iOSD doesn't need a DJI Transmitter. You can use any transmitter...the iOSD just passes the information through the video signal.
Best bet is to check the channel list on the Transmitter and make sure you have the same channel(s) on the receiver/monitor. Some makes are 5mzh difference and won't work...

I checked out the monitor, very nice. Can you share the rest of your setup? What are you using to send the gopro signal to the monitor?

Kenny
I have a Boscam TS832=600mw, with circular polarizing antenna, mounted to the rear underside of the aircraft. I have a phantom 1.2...The Boscam is the same as the DJI, just no packaging. And, it's not truly 600mw...more like around 200 to 250mw. They over state the power on some of these transmitters. Doesn't matter-I've gotten to 2200 feet away at 100 feet above the ground, and still had good video signal.
I use the "standard" Chinese "junk" 7" TN panel, dual antenna receiver(32 channel). I also use Fatshark Base Goggles plugged into the monitor.
so, I have the Zen, GP3 Black, iOSD mini, PMU V2, GCU, IMU(goes with the Zen), Boscam, oh, and I have a Futaba dual antenna transmitter in the aircraft with a Futaba T8J remote. Flight times at 1270 grams are around 5:30 with stock battery, and 8 minutes with the Maddog 2700mah.

But, go with the PH2 for the battery life, etc. Just search the forums for others "build" threads. Many places will do the installs for you. May cost more-but they know what they're doing-I don't.

Here's a thread on video transmitters; http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?20465-BOSCAM-TS832-600mW-....-Really
Also, search the forums for Cloverleaf, circular polarizing, and patch antenna's.

All, but the Lilliput 7" monitor(the link I posted) out there, are the exact same cheap TN type monitor/receivers. They can be had for around $150 or so.....and they work OK.

Take your time and do some research. A little extra time now, will prevent future headaches. Same with flying-if you have no RC experience, spend some time reading about others first flight experiences, and things to avoid.
And, have fun.

In my opinion, the purchase of a monitor should be based on the display quality and functions, and not on the ancillary receiver attached to it. I bought the Lilliput 664/O because I wanted high video quality. This gives me the flexibility to select whatever receiver and frequencies I want, without sacrificing display quality.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl