Best/All Cases for phantom with gear

Reaction score
It's rarely talked about on the forums but what are the best options for a drone case and on the extreme end what are the worst/cheapest cases.

I was hoping that this could become a well populated topic filled with case options.

I have a GoProfessional case. It has cut-outs for the drone with gimbal attached and battery installed. Has space for the controller, 3 batteries (the P2 can be put in the case with a battery installed as well), 4 AA batteries (if you have the older style controller), space for the charger, and a space for other odds and ends. Also has a cut-out for a GoPro unattached and extra propellers.

I went with the Armor case. Very rugged and waterproof airtight supposedly. Runs about $200 but was able to get it on ebay for $100. Its not small by no means but again its rugged and it carries alot of the needed accessories along with my P2 (gimbal attached, extra props, batteries, tools, gopro's, etc.).

Here's the case I got but off ebay: DJI Phantom 2 Hard Case. Military Spec., Waterproof and Airtight, Carrying Case with Foam for Phantom 2 / 2 Vision Quadcopter and GoPro Accessories

Can you post some pictures of this case? Is there anything about it that makes you wish you got something else. I cant decide between this and a backpack. How many props does it fit?

Thanks

Can you post some pictures of this case? Is there anything about it that makes you wish you got something else. I cant decide between this and a backpack. How many props does it fit?

Thanks

I can get you pics later this evening. I debated on a backpack case but I felt it wouldn't have that extra protection that a hard case would have. Plus you look a little more professional =). I can fit 2 sets of props. I can probably fit more if I needed to. There is a compartment at the front of the case where I keep the props, some tools, extra stickers. There are cut-outs for 4-5 batteries I believe. There are cut-outs for about 2 gopros I believe. Cutout for the charger. Also other misc cutouts. Its very heavy duty. Even has slots where you can use locks for security. It has 4 clamps to lockdown the case itself (2 in the front and 1 on each side).

This case normally seels for $200 I believe and I won it on ebay for $108/shipped. A decent backpack is around $60 (that I've seen) or you can go with the $30 backpacks that I've also seen on ebay. My thing is, I think this way with all my electronic gadgets/toys, if your gonna spend a boat load of money on them you need to spend the money protecting it to. Not saying thats what you need to do but its just my rule of thumb. Just need to find what you like and shop around. Never buy the first thing you see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic