Besides 5200mAh battery and Naza v2 is there anything more?

Re: Besides 5200mAh battery and Naza v2 is there anything mo

Many P1's also have the NAZA v2 (some are in a case that looks like the NAZA v1), and without some of the restrictions in place on a P2. The P2 has a different main board, but that's not a huge advantage necessarily, and can even be a pain if you want to do certain modifications/upgrades.

It's also possible to possible to use the 9" P2 props, and to move the guts from a P1 into a P2 shell, to allow for use of larger batteries internally, including the stock P2 battery: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7017

So, with that flexibility I'm still happy with my P1 and haven't found any compelling reason to get the P2 instead.

If you open the battery cover of Phantom v1 and look inside of the shell, you can see the Naza controllers color. Am I right by saying that ALL the Naza V1 controllers are red and ALL Naza V2 controllers are yellow? So I coud look into the Phantom before buying it and see if it has V1 or V2?

Would you consider buying a Phantom with Naza V1 in it? I had Naza V1 in my first Phantom, but I loosed my Phantom. I loosed it because of an pilot error.

Miika said:
Am I right by saying that ALL the Naza V1 controllers are red and ALL Naza V2 controllers are yellow? So I coud look into the Phantom before buying it and see if it has V1 or V2?

Unfortunately that is not always true in the Phantom 1. Many of them (including my v1.2 Phantom) have a red case on the NAZA but actually have NAZA v2 inside it. If you look at the version number on the sticker on the bottom of the Phantom, any 1.2 or 1.1.1 should have the NAZA v2 even if it has a red case.

I think the same is true for 1.1 Phantoms, but I can't remember. I would always get a NAZA v2 over a NAZA v1, but in the Phantoms you can't always just look at the NAZA color to tell.

I had Phantom V1.2 and it had red Naza box inside. Arent there different desktop apps for V1 and V2? I remember trying to update my Naza with Naza V2 update (to see if it would be the V2) but it didnt update. Would this proof that it wasnt V2.

I'm going to a Phantom retailer tomorrow and they had one Phantom that had Zenmuse and 4 additional batteries. It was built for a client that didnt buy it in the end. The price is 699€. I'm hoping it would have Naza V2.

Don't forget the significantly upgraded FASST compatible, double antenna TX/RX (stock range over 4,000m), self-threading props and CAN bus.

I think the v1 NAZA did use the older version of the Assistant software, but on my 1.2 I use (and upgrade from) the v2 Assistant software.

ElGuano posted a few weeks ago explaining the easy way to tell a v1 NAZA from a v2 in a P1, but I can't find it now. If the one you're looking at getting had the Zenmuse connected I'd say there's a pretty good chance it's a NAZA v2. If the Phantom was built/purchased since August of last year that's another indicator it should have the NAZA v2.

.Quadzilla. said:
I f you are buying right now the P2 is a nobrainer despite the higher battery costs. The package price with a Zenmuse is ridiculous if you consider the original price of the Zenmuse back in the V1 days.

I have two choices

Phantom v1 with Zenmuse and four 2200mAh DJI batteries 699€

Phantom 2 with Zenmuse and one 5200mAh DJI battery 799€

So I would get a good deal with both of these (in my opinion). Although the version of the Naza might play a role, when I'm choosing which one of these I'm going to buy.

Remember, with the V1 you need to buy the upgrade board too and install it which means soldering.

Just get the P2. I changed from a P1 to a P2 and it's just... better. CAN port for easy iOSD connection etc.

rilot said:
Remember, with the V1 you need to buy the upgrade board too and install it which means soldering.

Just get the P2. I changed from a P1 to a P2 and it's just... better. CAN port for easy iOSD connection etc.

I actually bought Phantom V1, but it's not the normal V1. It has Naza 2, not Naza 1 with upgrade board. Double antennas and new radio receiver/transmitter (futaba I guess).

Old, old v1.0 phantoms have "true naza v1" that cannot fully be upgraded to Naza-M v2. The way to tell them apart:

1. Open the FC and see if the barometer is shielded. If not, v1.

2. Install the led v2 and see if it works. If not, v1.

3. See if there is a red LED inside the Naza housing when powered on. If not, v1.

4. See if there is a non-defeatable 2 minute IMU warm up cycle before satellite search and lock on startup, even with v3.18+ firmware. If so, likely v1.

Most phantoms with red shell nazas actually have v2s.

The p2's Naza is not a stock v2, it's got an arming lock so it only works with the p2 battery and it has led logic for the esc-based led status lights. AFAIK these protections are not on the main board (so you cannot transfer the p2 naza to a new quad).

As you can see from the image, this DJI Phantom v1 has Naza v2. The image was for different purpose and its bit blurry. But in the orange/yellow Naza controller it says "Naza V2".

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 458

Yep, looks like you have a NAZA v2 with the original board (although it looks like it was trimmed a bit) and the PMU.

That taped-off cable you were asking about does look like it's the original power lead from the board to the NAZA that was replaced by the one from the PMU. Which is probably why they removed the plug and taped it off, so it couldn't accidentally get plugged in while the PMU was also connected.

OI Photography said:
Yep, looks like you have a NAZA v2 with the original board (although it looks like it was trimmed a bit) and the PMU.

That taped-off cable you were asking about does look like it's the original power lead from the board to the NAZA that was replaced by the one from the PMU. Which is probably why they removed the plug and taped it off, so it couldn't accidentally get plugged in while the PMU was also connected.

What do u mean by trimmed?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20