bent yaw arm/bent gimbal arm

replacing yaw arm

• send it to DJI

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
hello,

I have recently crashed my DJI phantom 3 professional and the only visible damage sustained is a bent yaw arm.

I have contacted DJI and they told me they do NOT sell yaw arms and that I must send my drone in for repairs. Has anyone sent in there drone for a simple yaw arm replacement? sounds expensive...

Replacing the yaw arm and it seems pretty straight forward. I am thinking of purchasing a new yaw arm from: DJI Phantom 3/4 Pro, Advanced Gimbal repair replacement arms and kits and replacing it myself.

They (f stop labs) seem to have a legitimate replacement for a reasonable price. Has anyone dealt with this problem and have success replacing the yaw arm?

Has anyone purchased products from F/stop-labs?

upload_2016-6-1_22-4-29.png
upload_2016-6-1_22-3-38.png

There are a few third parties selling gimbal yaw arms. For example:
Here's a video showing how to replace the gimbal yaw arm:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: phantom_dych
I bought mine from f.stoplabs on amazon for 25$. it takes about 10mins to replace if you've done it before. maybe 30mins if you haven't. Its super easy with little to mess up as long as you take it slow and precise. one thing to remember when sliding the yaw arm back onto the motor going into top of gimbal motherboard is to put the circle bearing on set it as high as you can. Don't set it down low where it will scratch the motherboard. you will notice you did it wrong when trying to put the plastic cover back on but in that time the yaw arm can move and could break a chip off.

Reactions: phantom_dych
Hi Mate, did you manage to fix this with just replacing the Gimbal Yaw Arm? was there any damage to your motherboard and motor on base?
Let me know i have same issue, ive orded new YAW arm.

Same thing happened to my P3P. After calibration, camera is level again. Arm is still bent but I can live with it for now. If it's just the yaw arm you want to replace, I have found it for just $20 US.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
23970826eb933c1d7fd0c9009970c02d.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mate, did you manage to fix this with just replacing the Gimbal Yaw Arm? was there any damage to your motherboard and motor on base?
Let me know i have same issue, ive orded new YAW arm.

Hello,

In my case there was no damage to any electrical components, only the YAW arm bent. After I replaced the yaw arm, everything worked just fine.

Cool, yer mine works fine, its just bent like yours, ill order a YAW arm now. If i offset the picture is good for now but i dont want to have to keep offsetting the gimbal just to fly with horizon level.

Cool, yer mine works fine, its just bent like yours, ill order a YAW arm now. If i offset the picture is good for now but i dont want to have to keep offsetting the gimbal just to fly with horizon level.

I agree, replace the YAW arm and your problems will be gone. Good luck!

Thanks just order off Ebay from CHINA haha, faster than shipping from USA to Australia and cheaper, im about to order P4 as well but i want this fixed and working so i can sell for good money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31