bent & scratch phantom 3 adv arm

Reaction score
Hello All,

My first flight with Phantom 3 ended with a crash (from around 2 meters high, little speed - touched some bush leaves with propellers). Everything was fine except getting message "gimbal motor overload" for a while once i tested if it will be getting up again. Took it home and noticed that the gimbal guard is not getting on it's place smoothly.
Then realized there is a bent on the head of the case that the gimbal arm is mounted to. Any idea whether this part is easily replacable (searched for a while through the internet for the part but no results)?

****, that's a shame, I was probably too excited on the first flight.

+ this is the only thing that got broken in any way (only propellers are a bit green from leaves/grass) - probably took somehow whole impact of the fall.

Many thanks for any advice on this.

Maciej/Poland

Attachments

• IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 595
  • IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 561
Hello All,

My first flight with Phantom 3 ended with a crash (from around 2 meters high, little speed - touched some bush leaves with propellers). Everything was fine except getting message "gimbal motor overload" for a while once i tested if it will be getting up again. Took it home and noticed that the gimbal guard is not getting on it's place smoothly.
Then realized there is a bent on the head of the case that the gimbal arm is mounted to. Any idea whether this part is easily replacable (searched for a while through the internet for the part but no results)?

****, that's a shame, I was probably too excited on the first flight.

+ this is the only thing that got broken in any way (only propellers are a bit green from leaves/grass) - probably took somehow whole impact of the fall.

Many thanks for any advice on this.

Maciej/Poland
Welcome to the Forum, sorry about your crash.

Unfortunately, parts for the gimbal are not readily available. You might be able to straighten yours out, or get one salvaged from a crash. I noticed another string that might help you.

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/enough-to-make-a-grown-man-cry-broken-gimbal-p3pro.49051/

Good luck!

Thanks FpIvert for reply.
I am afraid that trying to straighten might lead to detaching the whole base plate arm mount.
Wonder if anyone tried to somehow weld or glue alloy?

I ordered an arm from them on Mon, got it yesterday. it was a good experience and I will use them again.

I plan on installing it tomorrow, but it looks great.

Nope - that's not the case either - but creating the base plate of gimbal with ABS won't be a bad idea due to it's flexibility and shock resistance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4