Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Bent gimball clamp slot

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by leglessmatt, Sep 27, 2015.

1. leglessmatt

hi all,

Just checked out the phantom after a flight and noticed that one side of the gimball slot is bent out as in the pic.

Is this normal (i.e. to 'guide' the clamp into place?), i guess not as the metal seems pretty stiff and no other signs of damage?

Im considering getting pliers on it, or just swap out the gimbal clamp for an all in one clamp and lense cover.

cheers,
    Matt

Attached Files:

• img.jpg
      img.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
  2. bobmyers

How did that happen?? be very gentle with a pair of needle nose pliers -- I think the base is made out of cast aluminum which is somewhat brittle and wont take a lot of stress or bending. Better yet-- Put a little GOOP in there with a toothpick and let it dry to put some friction on the gimbal lock when you shove it in. http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-All-P...3?ie=UTF8&qid=1443387980&sr=8-3&keywords=Goop

3. Oso

Oso

I agree Bob. I think that would break off relatively easily if bent back to normal.

4. leglessmatt

Cheers force quick replies!

No idea how it happened, the plastic clamp itself shows no sign of wear, no marks on the surrounding metal etc etc...

only thing I can think is that it was a manufacturing defect...I keep it In the official dji hard shell backpack when not in use.

Will try the suggestions.

Cheers guys :)