Bent gimbal vision+

Reaction score
Have a friend who bent his gimbal, partially seperated gimbal motors, ribbon cable is intact. Who is the best around Tn who can maybe repair?

:D
I'd check with Hunch or Burlbark. You can find them on the Vision Plus Forum.

MHL

nelly said:
Have a friend who bent his gimbal, partially seperated gimbal motors, ribbon cable is intact. Who is the best around Tn who can maybe repair?

Hani is closer. I am in California. :D Should be a nice easy fix.

Jeremy

Can anyone suggest the best technique for bending the brushless motor mount frame back into alignment. Please see attached photo. TIA.
20150405_212027.jpg

Shadow, if you can't get it repaired, then you'll need to disassemble it, put the bent part against something solid and flat, place a piece of wood between it and a small hammer (so you don't dent it with the hammer) then softly tap it flat again.

Shadow, if you can't get it repaired, then you'll need to disassemble it, put the bent part against something solid and flat, place a piece of wood between it and a small hammer (so you don't dent it with the hammer) then softly tap it flat again.
Ok. I got it straightened by the motor isn't engaging. Just get the beeping sound and the "Remove Gimbal Clamp" message.

sounds like something is preventing your gimbal motor from turning.. we could be talking thousandths of an inch here.. if it moves freely by hand, then it could be a bad motor or ribbon contact, or the D-slot might not be keyed to the shaft

Ok. So it sounds like I will need to at least pop the motor casing apart and take a look at what's happening. Any suggestions on the best way to pull this apart? Sounds like it should come apart pretty easy as many seem to come apart on impact. I will say I had to press the housing back into alignment as it was also slightly separated (the edge near the yellow-brown tape was opened up a little wider). So I guess it could be a bent D-Shaft?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20