Bent Gimbal arm

Reaction score
I crashed my P2 into a tree, not advised. The arm is bent and the camera goes nuts. I feel like I can bend the arm back but terrified of destroying the entire camera. Thoughts? I am in Massachusetts. Does anyone know of any repair shops?

I crashed my P2 into a tree, not advised. The arm is bent and the camera goes nuts. I feel like I can bend the arm back but terrified of destroying the entire camera. Thoughts? I am in Massachusetts. Does anyone know of any repair shops?

Why not remove the camera before you try to repair the bent arm? Oh and I have no idea of any DJI authorized repair shops in your area.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I assume you have a P2 with Zenmuse gimbal? If so I bent mine and the horizon was tilted. I removed the gimbal and hand 'trued' it back to original and it has been good ever since. You may be able to bend it yourself. If you need to replace it, there are several members here that sell parts. Check the classifieds section. ;)

Is it the lower mount or the upper mount (the one attached to the P2). If it's the lower mount on a H3-3D there is no way that I found to get a new one. Ended up sending it in to DJI and they listed it on the repair invoice, but I was unable to find one to purchase separately, and my Google-Fu is strong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl