Being Lawful is a joke!

Reaction score
So the more I look into flying my phantom Lawfully and being a good boy and abiding by all the rules the more I can see and understand why people just fly anywhere they want without seeking permission etc.

In the U.K its literally you cant fly anywhere unless its you own back garden but don't fly higher than your house kinda thing. Its a joke!

There's a local abbey ( beaulieu abbey ) near me and I emailed to see if I could fly / film there, I thought I would ask before just going ahead with it any way, Now the NATS App says I can fly there but the reply I received was unfortunately not because of the new forests is heavily restricted for drone flying ...

Man it just winds me up.. I feel like anywhere I go with the drone im gonna be worrying about getting in trouble etc .. feels like we cant fly anywhere!

Yeah I agree like, I dont want to just film empty fields with my drone that seems wasteful but usually people are more intrigued by my drone rather than eager to report it to the police so I rely on that more!

Reactions: Dazzauk
Yeah I agree like, I dont want to just film empty fields with my drone that seems wasteful but usually people are more intrigued by my drone rather than eager to report it to the police so I rely on that more!

Yeah that's the thing see, I've flown 3-4 times since I've had mine and generally the people around me are fine. More amazed by the drone and interested in it.

But I just don't want to film something one day. Make a nice video upload it to the tube because ultimately that's why I have the drone to make some nice videos only to have the police come round or something similar.

Yeah that's the thing see, I've flown 3-4 times since I've had mine and generally the people around me are fine. More amazed by the drone and interested in it.

But I just don't want to film something one day. Make a nice video upload it to the tube because ultimately that's why I have the drone to make some nice videos only to have the police come round or something similar.

I completely get you it sucks

My theory is if you don't fly like a idiot putting people at risk and you don't annoy anyone you should be fine... You just got to use your sense. Follow the UK drone code to the letter you won't be flying anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: dgd3 and Dazzauk
My theory is if you don't fly like a idiot putting people at risk and you don't annoy anyone you should be fine... You just got to use your sense. Follow the UK drone code to the letter you won't be flying anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yeah my train of thoughts is the same as you mate. I think what's got me spooked is the big thread on here about the guy getting arrested.

Arrested today

I personally just fly mainly waypoint missions in litchi. I usually fly about a mile out and back again. If people don't like it then there is not much I can do. I don't mean that in a selfish way, I mean it in the state that I own something and I have a right to fly it. I won't fly near people but I do fly over city centres. The footage comes out amazing. And yes... I do know your not suppose to do that. But c'mon... We all have at some point bent the rules on flying right?

Neon Euc

I personally just fly mainly waypoint missions in litchi. I usually fly about a mile out and back again. If people don't like it then there is not much I can do. I don't mean that in a selfish way, I mean it in the state that I own something and I have a right to fly it. I won't fly near people but I do fly over city centres. The footage comes out amazing. And yes... I do know your not suppose to do that. But c'mon... We all have at some point bent the rules on flying right?

Neon Euc

Ha ha I like your attitude brother :)

where in the world are you?

Reactions: Neon Euc
Ha ha I like your attitude brother :)

where in the world are you?
Lol thanks for the support [emoji6] I fly in London, england. Will fly over the Thames at some point and around around the dome when I can

Neon Euc

A guy I follow on YouTube made this exact point. He drove an hour out of the city and made a somewhat sarcastic video of a boring flight over an empty field to make his point. He's in Canada, but the same logic pretty much applies everywhere.

I too am finding it hard to find places to fly in the UK. It seems to me that common sense has gone out the window. Its becoming a nanny state with privacy laws and all the rest of it. lets hope the world will come to its senses and get a life before its all too late.

Its becoming a nanny state with privacy laws and all the rest of it.
UK's pretty much been a nanny state before drones though hasn't it? I've been into the car scene for years and years and I've seen lots of complaints there also regarding customizations, etc.

Flying missions over a provincial parks here was quite exciting, Flying Litchi waypoint & lost contact, trees so high & distance, well you guys know the feeling once you get that blank monitor & minutes later(which seem like hours) you hear those props cutting through the air & then spot your Phantom making its way to last waypoint!
Nice video of huge evergreens, occasional break in the woods, deer looking up at your bird,
But, after 4-5 "missions" that exciting forest becomes, ho-hum. This is when i start looking around for more challenging flights, I try & stick to abandoned sites, lately, I;ve been eyeing bodies of water.
Oh, that fenced in, big old grey building, with all those no trespassing signs everywhere, guards at the gate, looks very interesting!

It is an area in the South of England created by William the Conqueror some time after 1066 as his personal deer hunting park. It was given the name New Forest.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Ohiowoodsman
Sorry you guys are seeing these issues. I do feel a little better about flying in the U.S. now. Its been a real challenge doing it all legal. It takes me hours of research sometimes to know if I can fly legally. I read city laws, park laws, county laws, send emails to people, etc. This part is not fun but finding places to fly is kinda fun.

Sent from my VS995 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20