behavior of gimbal without gopro attached

Reaction score
Just added a zenmuse to my phantom 2 vision. Still don't have the gopro yet but went ahead and hooked it up anyways to see if it works. It moves but sort of oscillates in random manner and motors make a slight grinding sound. I guess the motors are not strong enough for the gimbal to make coordinated movements without being balanced by the attached gopro. Is this correct or is my gimbal defective?

helixaviator said:
Just added a zenmuse to my phantom 2 vision. Still don't have the gopro yet but went ahead and hooked it up anyways to see if it works. It moves but sort of oscillates in random manner and motors make a slight grinding sound. I guess the motors are not strong enough for the gimbal to make coordinated movements without being balanced by the attached gopro. Is this correct or is my gimbal defective?

Do not turn on the gimbal without GoPro being mounted.

As my counter parts above suggested DO NOT POWER UP GIMBAL WITHOUT GOPRO. Now for the explanation: Gimbal is set up and balanced for a GoPro camera, without camera it will act erratic and you can damage the motors. (There should be a little piece of paper included with your gimbal noting that) Hopefully you didn't damage your new gimbal.

I bought it used which would explain the lack of paper stating not to power up.. At any rate it was powered up for only short time..motors never got hot or anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4