Beginner

Reaction score
Trying to get some advice. I have some experience with RC Helicopters and would like to purchase a a drone. I would like to purchase the Phantom pro4+ . Would like the built in display.
Is this too much for a beginner Drone Pilot. I appreciate you feedback

If you want to spend the money, by all means pickup a P4P. If you want to simply enjoy flying, get some great video and not give your first born for a quad, pick up a P3 standard. I really enjoy mine, it's my first quad as well.

What's your criteria to decide the drone model?

Dji or non dji?
Fun
Features
Price
Latest
Stabilized design
P5P or Mavic 2: soon to appear on list

I have seen great dji models from P3P onwards and any one could make you a proud owner. What's more important is your own preference that makes you happier.

Is this too much for a beginner Drone Pilot.
You'll be fine as long as you take the time to learn how the Phantom works. Read the Phantom manual and practice in wide open areas.

Thanks for all your feed back. I think I would choose a DJI since they seem to have support and reliability. I like the P4 with the display and collision avoidance sensors. I know it will pricey. Drone World seems to have some nice packages and they seem to be a reputable dealership

I think I would choose a DJI since they seem to have support and reliability.
Right on. And there are a few good forums like this one where you can come for help.

I like the P4 with the display and collision avoidance sensors.
I have this setup and love it. The built in monitor is awesome. I have had P3S, P3P and Inspire Pro and this is by far the simplest setup. It has become my run-n-gun rig. Picture quality is excellent also.

Thanks for all your feed back. I think I would choose a DJI since they seem to have support and reliability. I like the P4 with the display and collision avoidance sensors. I know it will pricey. Drone World seems to have some nice packages and they seem to be a reputable dealership
Just my 2 cents worth - unless you are absolutely sure that you will be getting into serious aerial photography, why go off the deep end? The P3 A/P will likely do everything you are going to expect from it. And remember that, like most hobbies, the buy in is just the tip of the iceberg! But the time you buy a case, a couple of spare batteries, apps, etc. you can easily drop another $4-500.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20