Beginner mode

Reaction score
Hi guys I flew my P4 Pro for the second time today, in beginner mode. A warning in red appears.. Obstacle avoidance disabled fly with caution , what am I doing wrong?

Do you have the controller in P mode? Obstacle avoidance is switched on in your settings ( the top right hand corner of the app with the three dots) and is usually the default setting. Are you flying out in the open during daytime? Evening and night time can cause problems with the OA as it struggles with shadows etc.

Hi guys I flew my P4 Pro for the second time today, in beginner mode. A warning in red appears.. Obstacle avoidance disabled fly with caution , what am I doing wrong?
Your obstacle avoidance is switched off.
If you want it on simply click on the red icon at the top of the screen:
i-5cfZZ9H-L.png

Or you can also get to it in the MC settings of the app

More important than beginner's mode is that you do your early flying in a large, open area well away from trees and buildings.

Last edited:
Thanks to you both, I thought obstacle avoidance was automatically switched on in beginner mode. I was flying in in good light out in open field, sun about 40 degrees of the horizon .
Yes was in P mode. When I get home I will check by opening the three dots at top of page, page or red icon . Thanks so much

Thanks to you both, I thought obstacle avoidance was automatically switched on in beginner mode. I was flying in in good light out in open field, sun about 40 degrees of the horizon .
Yes was in P mode. When I get home I will check by opening the three dots at top of page, page or red icon . Thanks so much
No worries, it will be something simple. Cheers and enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers