Beginner Mode Discovery

Reaction score
I live about a mile from Ft Chaffee, Arkansas, a restricted air space. When I first got my P3A, I could not arm the motors because the boundary actually goes through my home.Thinking this was just going to be the way things were, I moved on, fighting to get my quadcopter functioning otherwise. Last night, I was able to finally get my smart phone (Android) to connect to the controller. Just playing with it indoors and not even attempting to fly, I went about setting things up. I set the controller up in beginner mode so I could learn to fly and discovered that the flight restrictions were gone! With the P3A sitting in the floor in front of me, I was able to arm the motors for the first time!

Does the beginner mode remove certain restriction because of the altitude and distance limits? I've not found this documented anywhere.

Does it also cache your position?
Without knowing how the DJI Go app works, the last known location of an Android device is cached by the OS. That allows an app to show some default location while the OS is getting a GPS lock. That information might be used by the map control to set a location before the Go app gets a location. The map control (either HERE or Google) is essentially a black box to the apps that use it. It's embedded in the DJI Go app, but the map rendering code is not part of the DJI Go app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic