Beginner Mode and limitations

I don't really know but I would think they do. You'd just be very limited in altitude and range. I would turn off beginner mode and set my altitude limit to something like 40 m (120 ft or so) and my distance limit to 100 m (300 ft or so). In other words, create your own beginner mode with a little more space.

Reactions: Philltayl
I don't really know but I would think they do. You'd just be very limited in altitude and range. I would turn off beginner mode and set my altitude limit to something like 40 m (120 ft or so) and my distance limit to 100 m (300 ft or so). In other words, create your own beginner mode with a little more space.

That's what I've been doing. Every flight I increase my limits a little to get comfortable with flying farther.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I did the very same at the beginning. Beginner mode maybe first day only, than set those two limits to higher and longer by double each time. Till I got to the legal height of 120m (USA) and distance to 500m (GO app max). Flew it that way a few weeks, now I've been out over a mile (1700m). And those old short distances seem like nothing now.

I am most interested if the course lock function will work in beginner mode???
It should. Just test it by putting it in Beginner mode first, than see if you can turn on IOC in the settings. If the Go app lets you turn on IOC in beginner mode you should be all set.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4