Beginner Help Needed - Blinking Yellow

Reaction score
Thanks in advance. I bought this a couple days ago and have spent 6+ hours trying to get it airborne. I'm sure I have a defective unit so I thought I'd ask here before boxing it up.

At present I get nothing but continuous blinking yellow from the LED. That started after trying to calibrate the controller at the recommendation of the troubleshooting in the manual. This caused a forced firmware and software update at which time I received a CFG-ERR - This may be caused by a firmware upgrade from old version or Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter and power cycle your controller....

When I click start under calibration nothing I did to the transmitter caused any reaction in the software. I simply clicked finish and that led me to where I now.

Yesterday I got as far as to get the blinking red to stop indicating I had found 6+ GPS satellites. Unfortunately the craft would then blink yellow slowly or green slowly depending on the position of S1 leaving me to believe that there was a problem with the centering of one of the sticks. That is what led me to the calibration that caused my current dilemma.

I was abut to disassemble the whole thing and resink the transmitter but the bottom does't come off without removing the gear and so on. So I thought I would ask some advice from so more experienced users before I start mucking things up worse than they are.

Once I figure this thing out I think I will rewrite their manual for them

Rick

Did you upgrade the firmware? If so, did you input the default parameters? And finally, check under Basic > RC to see what the RC transmitter type is. If you're running a stock TX, it should be PPM (if older) or DBUS (if it has two antennas)

netphreak said:
Did you upgrade the firmware? If so, did you input the default parameters? And finally, check under Basic > RC to see what the RC transmitter type is. If you're running a stock TX, it should be PPM (if older) or DBUS (if it has two antennas)

I did upgrade the firmware. I did input the default configuration FW4.00.nazam. I just now checked under Basic > RC and it is set to PPM. I do have the transmitter with a single antenna.

As soon as I run NAZA-M 2.0 I receive the error CFG-ERR Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters.

Starting calibration seems to do nothing. Once calibration has started, moving the sticks has no effect in the software. At the bottom of NAZA-M the blue light is blinking, MODE: Failsafe MC OUTPUT: OFF

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick

Rick.Culleton said:
netphreak said:
I did upgrade the firmware. I did input the default configuration FW4.00.nazam. I just now checked under Basic > RC and it is set to PPM. I do have the transmitter with a single antenna.

As soon as I run NAZA-M 2.0 I receive the error CFG-ERR Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters.
.... Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick

Hey, did you do the upgrade from NAZA ver. 2.18 ? That looks like no matches between Naza Firmware and Default Phantom Configuration file... did you download the correct one?

Hi. I have a new phantom as well and had similar problems. In the end, DJI told me the new version (with the self centering throttle stick) must be set to d-bus to operate, despite what all manuals say. This fixed everything for me and it's now operating perfectly. See the last posts on this thread for more. Before doing this I had only yellow flashing and no connection between the transmitter and the phantom.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2718&start=10

Good luck ... hope this helps,

Nasal.

Hi there,

Had the same problem, first the controller was not responding.
Solved this by setting this to the right type controller.
Yellow blinking means controller not at zero
solved this by callibrating the controller(had to push the controller stick in to the green zone, then clicked callibrate)
this worked for me !!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub