Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Beginner Guide ???

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by MJFNJ1, Dec 2, 2014.

1. MJFNJ1

Hi
    I Mike from NJ. I just ordered a Phantom 2 Version 2. I was hoping someone could point me towards a beginners guide here or anywhere for that matter. I am a absolute beginner this from all aspects, but have been reading a lot and seem to get more confused as how to attack setup and flying. I appreciate any help suggestions or guidance you can offer.

Thanks in Advance,
    Mike

2. njet212

Oh yeah i was the same at you last month when first time i got this drone, very unfamiliar R/C terms which makes me headache. For the beginning, you might want to check the playlist video below ( this is the most important thing you want to know to avoid crash and flyaway ) It's mostly explain how to fly phantom 2 properly and explaining Home Lock - Course Lock mode which is very useful if you lost orientation.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... v-lVW7Om7J

If you already fly around and mastered all the basic flying, then you might want start browsing how to get live feed from your Go-Pro ( or similar camera ) a.k.a FPV ( first person view ) set up.

Later on you might feel the stock DJI Phantom 2 Remote Controller is somewhat limited, you could continue your learning by browsing how to programmed more high end Remote Control such as Futaba ( one of dealer in here told me not to use DX remote with Phantom 2 because it's always cause several error on Phantom 2 )

Happy Flying and Fly safe,
    CHRIST

3. IrishSights

Check out the stickies sub forum in the general forum here. Some good threads there.

4. PhantomFanatic

I just noticed a few days ago that at DJI, they have videos to help you with flying the Phantom drones. Good luck, it looks much more difficult than it is. Plus, there are a lot of wise folks here.

And, a warm welcome to the forum!

5. MJFNJ1

Thank you everyone1 Those are some great suggestions.
    Mike