Beginner FPV Questions

Reaction score
Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if this a very basic question...I have the Zemuse H3-3d with Gopro 3.

I am looking to get a FPV system...iss the image shown on the monitor the exact same image that is captured by the Gopro - ie. are FPV and Gopro linked?

Also, what is an iosd mini?

Thanks

Maverick7 said:
Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if this a very basic question...I have the Zemuse H3-3d with Gopro 3.

I am looking to get a FPV system...iss the image shown on the monitor the exact same image that is captured by the Gopro - ie. are FPV and Gopro linked?

Also, what is an iosd mini?

Thanks

No. What you see on fpv is in lower resolution. The side USB port and Hero port can only output in max 1080p, where as the actual image recording can be far greater, esp if you nominate 4k.
But Yes, they are linked with minimal lag for First Person flight.

And mini IOSD is DJI's On Screen Display system. It overlays the Phantoms telemetry information on top of your FPV like the HUD on a fighter jet. And no, that information is NOT captured on the gopro's actual footage.
It displays, position of home point, altitude, speed vert vs hor, heading, battery level, satellite count. It's helpful for distance flight where you fly in LOS but out of visual range.

Thanks, so besides from the resolution the image that the Gopro films is the same as the FPV. Does changing settings on the Gopro eg. wide/narrow, resolution, fps affect the image displayed on the monitor?

Changing the FOV from wide/med/narrow will affect the actual recording AND the FPV monitor.
On Simultaneous vids and stills, changing FOV will affect the size of the photos.

Leave on medium if you don't want the props and landing skids showing in your vids.
Narrow is good if you don't wish to fly too close to an object.

Maverick7 said:
Thanks, so besides from the resolution the image that the Gopro films is the same as the FPV. Does changing settings on the Gopro eg. wide/narrow, resolution, fps affect the image displayed on the monitor?
Yes. You see what the GoPro sees (in lower resolution).

The fpv does not record.. The gopro is the one that records. So make sure u press record on the gopro b4 filming.

Attachments

• IOSDmini.png
    IOSDmini.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 417
hellhole said:
Okay. I have a question... Hope do u add in the iOsd data into my videos??
You'll need a DVR that records what your monitor is seeing.

dptcalvin said:
hellhole said:
Okay. I have a question... Hope do u add in the iOsd data into my videos??
You'll need a DVR that records what your monitor is seeing.

hellhole, you will then have two videos, a realtively low quality (FPV) one with IOSD and the one recorded by your camera. You could then place one video in the other ("PIP") using some suitable video software.

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Cw41K-tCs

Maverick7 said:
Does the FPV system also record or only the Gopro records to the SD card?
The FPV system can record of you have equipment that is capable. Some monitors and some receivers have this DVR function built in. Others that do not will require a separately purchased external DVR.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20