Beginner Flight with Hero 4 Black

Reaction score
My friend and I have been playing on our new Phantom 2 for a couple of days now, only have a little bit of practice and are still working on the basics. But we took a video of our backyard practice using our Hero 4 Black on the H3-3D. We were using the GoPro WiFi connection to monitor it (we didn't realize the potential problems that could cause at the time), so we didn't range very far. And yes, I know we almost hit the power lines. And that oak right behind the fence definitely caused 2 crashes on our first day, one requiring me to climb the tree to get it down. By the way, if anyone knows a setting to help stop the landing gear from getting in the frame when we spin right that would be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98U7xt529BU

Our Phantom is currently out of service as one of the connectors in the power block snapped off (probably crash related), the replacement should be here soon.

All good fun :)
Try slowing down a little, as you are being very abrupt with your movements. The guy in the wheelchair is flying much more smoothly and less reactively than you are.

I would find a more open space to do your learning in, as there is less to hit. The gimbal won't take much to break it, so do be careful and try to crash as little as possible!

A good FPV system is a must, so do make this a priority. The Wifi will catch you out eventually.

Keep up the flying though, you have made a good start :)

timeconsumer said:
. By the way, if anyone knows a setting to help stop the landing gear from getting in the frame when we spin right that would be great.

Do the turn slowly - creates a much nicer video - slow and steady.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I was a little drunk at the time so I wasn't exactly in precision mode, just trying to have some fun (succeeded). We plan on getting an FPV system soon too, just trying to decide on what transmitter/receiver to go with. Until then we've stopped using the GoPro wifi feature, not worth the risk of losing control.

We also are going to do some different locations, but the first couple of days we wanted to stick to the backyard because we were going in and out of the house a lot updating firmware, checking settings, charging batteries, refilling the bourbon. Not to mention a lot of the more open areas here in SE Louisiana tend to be very....wet.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj