Beginner firmware question

Reaction score
Hey guys just received my refurbished phantom 3 pro today. Was wondering if I should really update the firmware on drone and controller before flying? Or can I fly it out of the box? Also was wondering about the altitude limit. Is it really restricted to 1600m or somthing or is there a way around that. And would the old firmware not limit me where as the new one would? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

First try to fly with the provided FW and if it complains to update then only go for it.

The maximum flight altitude that can be set is 500m and not 1600m. In reality you should not fly above 400'.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

+1 to above. The bird likely was working ok when it left the shop, so don't be in a hurry to change it. You didn't mention if this was your first phantom or not. If so (and even if not), take the time to read the manual a couple of times before flying. I like to read enoug to mak sure I know how to hook up the charger then read the whole thing while I wait for everything to get completely charged. As you get familiar with the system, you can check out which FW versions you are running and can research on these forums the various issues, etc. that others have discussed about the different versions before you commit (note, if I remember correctly, you can go back after updating to 1.10 ph the AC).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan