beeping

Reaction score
I just got this Phantom 3 never flown right out of the box turned it on and all i get is constent beeping and no lights flashing. the gimbal moves and has a steady green light. anyone help

First, have you thoroughly read the manual? Sketchy as it seems, there is necessary information therein. These UAVs are not "plug and play". More like the days of setting up dot matrix printers without drivers. After the manual, watch the several videos DJI provides on their website. Wish the videos were better organized and easier to find, but you just have to ferret them out. After following these basic steps, you see some encouraging results. If not, come back here and give more information, like rate and number of beeps, model of UAV, mobile device employed, status of remote controller (RC). We all had go learn, and you can, too.

Larryl67, here's a good video to help you get setup out of the box:

You can download the Phantom manual from DJI's downloads page. I'm not sure which model you purchased, so here are links to all of the download pages:

I just got this Phantom 3 never flown right out of the box turned it on and all i get is constent beeping and no lights flashing. the gimbal moves and has a steady green light. anyone help
The green light is on the gimbal? How many lights on the battery?

never flown, I got it this way right out of the box. tried updating the firmware thaught it might help firmware didn't update,SD card and go app. ready to send it back a forget everything

never flown, I got it this way right out of the box. tried updating the firmware thaught it might help firmware didn't update,SD card and go app. ready to send it back a forget everything
You need to do a few things when you take it out of the box. The first thing is to download the Manual from the DJI website and read it. The second thing is to read the battery manual.

After you have completed "Phase 1 of Ground School, you may be ready to sit it on the table without the props and see if you can get the Controllers, Tablet or Device plugged into the controller and the P3 to connect. Things should go somewhat smoother after that. At least you have a chance of starting to make things work... Flying it is the easy part-- learning how to get it to the point of taking off is the hard part. Cheers:):)

Tablet or Device plugged into the controller and the P3 to connect.
Bob, I think he has a Standard.
Larry if you have a Standard, you don't hook your mobile device to your controller, actually I don't think you could find a cable that would fit.

Larry, you said you gave up but were asking for help.
Need some details...
You do have a Standard?
What is your mobile device?
You have everything powered up, you can connect your mobile device to the Phantoms WIfi?
When the phantom is turned on there is only lights on the battery and the gimbal, no other lights come on at all?
Beeping noise is coming from the phantom or the remote?
You did try another SD card?
You did NOT try to update by copying files to the SD card?

yes it was a Standard now on the way to DJI,after talking to them said to send it back. It will take about 4 weeks turn around.
back to the Aerosky 350 for awhile

Don't know where you are Is it being sent California?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1